Game Thread: WORLD CUP R16: NED vs USA (Fox @ 9am CT)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
We look like we're not being as proactive on defense as we should be.....slow getting to the ball......
The problem is that this is a team that can absolutely punish us for the way we've been defending. Against lesser teams Weston or Adams would have been there to contest that cutback pass to Depay, but the Netherlands are too quick for our midfield to get caught behind on the initial run.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
At times this team is either too nice, or too timid. They're either making the extra pass to give someone else the shot; or are not confident enough to take their shot when it's available.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The US could not afford to give up that early goal. This team simply cannot score, and now the Netherlands will simply play solid defense. I suspect that any further scoring will require a big mistake by either side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.