Game Thread: World Cup / USMNT Chat Thread

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
USA v Serbia in a friendly tonight. Be interesting after all of the hootnanny with Berhalter lately. Being shown on HBO Max (which I don't have). Wondering if it might be streaming somewhere other than signing up for a Fubo free trial.

Last edited:

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Lost to Serbia 1-2. Eight new kids starting. We were tied 1-1 at the half. Second half we were banging them off the woodwork but couldn't get one in. We played hard, but same old story.

• Thank You
Reactions: BhamToTexas

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
USA 0-0 Columbia Played in California, and the crowd was pro-Columbia which is disconcerting. 10 Changes from the Serbia match. Same story. Plenty of energy and effort...... just can't put it in the net.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
USMNT defeated Grenada on Fri in a CONCACAF match 7-1. Pulisic and Pepi looked good as did Aaronson and others. Reyna played, but I swear I can't figure out why he is on the field. He might have completed one pass. Pulisic got bludgeoned to the ground by multiple players nearly every time he touched the ball. Nothing much called but it was an away match. Playing El Sal tonight at 6:30 on TNT.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Beat El Sal 1 nil in Orlando to win our group in the Nations League. Puts us in the final four. Pepi scored a nice little chip shot.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Jesus Ferreira having the sort of night tonight that costs you several years of call ups. Not that this lineup in general is good and it's obviously just a youth exposé, but good lord Ferreira if we needed any more proof that you have no future as our 9 you're providing it in spades.

Makes GGG calling him up rather than Pepi for the WCF look like coaching malpractice.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Jesus Ferreira having the sort of night tonight that costs you several years of call ups. Not that this lineup in general is good and it's obviously just a youth exposé, but good lord Ferreira if we needed any more proof that you have no future as our 9 you're providing it in spades.

Makes GGG calling him up rather than Pepi for the WCF look like coaching malpractice.
I don't disagree, although he was playing the 10 last night which was a completely different role than I have ever seen him play. I think when we made the subs they said we would probably move to a 4-3-3 and that's when he got forward and had the easy finish.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The finishing, the hold up play, the vision, the movement off of the ball. Young and raw but he could be the complete package.

He's been amazing on a bad Reims squad. I understand England not having a need for him in the immediate future but you reward a guy having a year like he's having with a call-up.

Reactions: BhamToTexas

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.