Game Thread: World Cup / USMNT Chat Thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Simplifies things. Beat Iran and we advance.
True, but if Iran had lost or tied, it would only take a tie for the US to advance because of the goal differential.

It is what it is. Win or go home.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Really good performance by the boys today. They had plenty of chances to pull out a W.

We can definitely beat Iran and obviously have to in order to advance. Expect Iran to park the bus, we have to find a way to break through.

I think we need to go with a false 9 and get Gio on the pitch with Pulisic and Weah.

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
Really thought the Three Lions would win that one. Far better talent top to bottom on that squad. Southgate has some work to do if England is going to advance.

Reactions: B1GTide

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Really thought the Three Lions would win that one. Far better talent top to bottom on that squad. Southgate has some work to do if England is going to advance.
Advancing to the bracket stage is nearly mathematically certain at this point. Only way they don't advance is if Wales is somehow able to make up the massive goal differential England has on them. I don't see Wales obliterating England 4-0, I'm afraid.

We'll know for certain tomorrow, but my gut instinct says the group ends up with England topping it with 7 points, US in second with 5, Iran with 4 and Wales with 1.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Advancing to the bracket stage is nearly mathematically certain at this point. Only way they don't advance is if Wales is somehow able to make up the massive goal differential England has on them. I don't see Wales obliterating England 4-0, I'm afraid.

We'll know for certain tomorrow, but my gut instinct says the group ends up with England topping it with 7 points, US in second with 5, Iran with 4 and Wales with 1.
Unless Iran gets us thrown out of the tournament for being racist/ disrespectful to Allah.
:oops:

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022

I agree. I don't see Wales winning by 4, but then again, I didn't see a draw with the US in the cards, either.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Iran is going to park the bus today and look for a counter. We should have a lot of possession. We need to adjust our formation and play with a false 9. Maybe sit Musah for Aaaronson, and then put Pulisic, Reyna, and Weah across the top. We need all our attacking players on the pitch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.