Yet another case against the death penalty

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
when you factor in cost there is no good case for the Death Penalty
It's beyond me that people still support it.

I also read/watched something a while ago that often "Experts" testify and overstate how certain they are or possibly could be. I think the article or whatever was more focused on Finger Prints than Bite marks but it sounds like a similar thing is happening here. Hopefully this kind of stuff happens less often now? but I have no idea

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I also read/watched something a while ago that often "Experts" testify and overstate how certain they are or possibly could be. I think the article or whatever was more focused on Finger Prints than Bite marks but it sounds like a similar thing is happening here. Hopefully this kind of stuff happens less often now? but I have no idea
our culture fetishizes punishment, that is the only explanation I have

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
our culture fetishizes punishment, that is the only explanation I have
Couldn't agree more.

I've been saying to my wife that we need to seriously shift our way of thinking as a society towards Rehabilitation. But I think its going to be hard for a lot if not most people to move in that direction. Maybe even impossible for many people.

Reactions: Jon

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Couldn't agree more.

I've been saying to my wife that we need to seriously shift our way of thinking as a society towards Rehabilitation. But I think its going to be hard for a lot if not most people to move in that direction. Maybe even impossible for many people.
Yep - rehabilitation and treatment for drug habits and mental disorders. Locking people up does not help anyone except in a tiny minority of cases. Our society would be much safer if these people were treated like human beings instead of animals.

bdawg_jinx

Jan 11, 2021
when you factor in cost there is no good case for the Death Penalty
Agreed, I am not opposed to the death penalty on a philosophical level, but the cost of the current process required is not a good use of taxpayer money. (Although the gov't has never cared about misuse of taxes before)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

People favor crime control over due process in this country. It’s sad but true.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I dont have strong feelings one way or the other. All I know is when the worst of the worst pay their price, I dont lose any sleep over it.
Being against the death penalty isn’t about the worst of the worst... it’s about the innocent. There shouldn’t be collateral damage in something like this.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Being against the death penalty isn’t about the worst of the worst... it’s about the innocent. There shouldn’t be collateral damage in something like this.
I really don’t give a damn if a guy that raped and murdered a 12 year old is executed. I do give a damn if a guy that didn’t rape and murder a 12 year old is executed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.