BREAKING Yet More Woes for LSU (and Orgeron)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He has been hired by Lane Kiffen,
The guy who got fired between a semifinal and a national title game.

Sean Payton,
The guy suspended a year for the Bountygate scandal.....

and Les Miles.
The guy who couldn't manage clock time or women

He was retained by Pete Carroll.
The guy who called for a pass play and lost the Super Bowl.

I think it's the Misfits of Football.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I got into an argument in YouTube comments with some moron that said “Orgeron is easily one of the best coaches in the country.” And yes, he was totally serious. He’s not even one of the best coaches in the division, let alone the country. It genuinely makes me angry that a man like Orgeron is even allowed to have such a prestigious and lucrative job. I would not want him representing my university.
Ive yet to have a YouTube conversation that really went anywhere productive.

Reactions: Rush

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is a federal case and not an NCAA case (unless they do a Joe Paterno on Orgeron) but I am wondering if anything goes now that the NCAA seems toothless. Will it be anything goes now?

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Met him at the TF meeting in 2018, and he's a great guy.

I can feel sympathy for good fans of programs that go haywire (even if LSU does seem to have a number of obnoxious ones).

Plus, he saw how B1G Tide got really put into a no-win situation when he spoke up about the Urban Meyer thing with Zach Smith. There's nothing you can say that some fan somewhere isn't going to swoop down like a vulture and pick the answer apart. If you try to bring rationale to some of these things - no matter how well-intended - you get blistered up one side and down the other.
I have always found LSU fans to be an odd bunch. The good ones are Fantastic. (We have had some great ones on this board). But the not so good one are basically insufferable. They beat their chest every year until something goes wrong and then everything is a “conspiracy” to ruin them. They also are capable of performing some mental gymnastics that would give auburn fans a run for their money. There is a portion of the not so great fans that refuse to acknowledge the 2020 season happened and claim they still have a one game win streak on bama. Nothing is ever their fault and the majority of LSU’s upperclassman quitting or moving on to the NFL in 2020 means Alabama’s title Shouldn’t count (I am not making this up). Because you know its somehow Alabama’s problem that LSU has a head coach who didn’t even personally interview some of his assistance coaches that ended up on his 2020 staff.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have always found LSU fans to be an odd bunch. The good ones are Fantastic. (We have had some great ones on this board). But the not so good one are basically insufferable. They beat their chest every year until something goes wrong and then everything is a “conspiracy” to ruin them. They also are capable of performing some mental gymnastics that would give auburn fans a run for their money. There is a portion of the not so great fans that refuse to acknowledge the 2020 season happened and claim they still have a one game win streak on bama. Nothing is ever their fault and the majority of LSU’s upperclassman quitting or moving on to the NFL in 2020 means Alabama’s title Shouldn’t count (I am not making this up). Because you know its somehow Alabama’s problem that LSU has a head coach who didn’t even personally interview some of his assistance coaches that ended up on his 2020 staff.
Try Georgia fans and you’ll appreciate LSU fans a lot more.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, personally, I think an inability to manage women would put any man in the world` s largest fraternity.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is a federal case and not an NCAA case (unless they do a Joe Paterno on Orgeron) but I am wondering if anything goes now that the NCAA seems toothless. Will it be anything goes now?
I agree that it’s a federal legal issue, not an NCAA issue. I thought the same thing about Paterno / Sandusky / Penn State and Meyer / Assistant whose name I can’t remember / tOSU. Said so, too. And was called everything but smart for it.

The perps should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, both criminally and civilly. Title IX is that law, and it blessedly doesn’t fall under the purview of the NCAA.

Of course, with the combination of abdication of responsibility on academic fraud (UNC), and the recent SCOTUS ruling, I’m not sure anything does any more.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think somewhere in there you forgot Dennis Erickson

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Tigerdroppings is fascinating on this. Can’t link due to the usual language on that forum, but the summary is that there were several sane posters early. But they were only a few, and were quickly overwhelmed by “people” who variously claim:
- It’s hearsay. Nothing to see here.
- Why didn’t they go to the police? Not O’s job to do anything. Nothing to see here.
- Clearly a Jimbo / Saban conspiracy. Nothing to see here.
- The legal system shouldn’t punish us as fans for the sins of people we have nothing to do with. Nothing to see here.

If you don’t mind having to take a shower after visiting, it’s kind of hard to resist. In the same way that it’s about impossible to look away from Keystone Kops spilling out of a clown car, which clown care is circling a dumpster fire, which dumpster fire was caused by a train wreck.

Reactions: seebell

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Rumors are all over the place with the new 12 team playoff, new super conferences, new replacement for the NCAA for Power 5 only and the NIL stuff. I am just wondering if the NCAA has the manpower and/or" want to" to go after cheaters now. What with the musical chair transfer portal coupled with "amateur" players being payed a "gray area" how can they come down on buying players in recruitment is any different than NIL? I see a toothless tiger when it comes to future sanctions for cheating.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Rumors are all over the place with the new 12 team playoff, new super conferences, new replacement for the NCAA for Power 5 only and the NIL stuff. I am just wondering if the NCAA has the manpower and/or" want to" to go after cheaters now. What with the musical chair transfer portal coupled with "amateur" players being payed a "gray area" how can they come down on buying players in recruitment is any different than NIL? I see a toothless tiger when it comes to future sanctions for cheating.
Since the Reggie Bush case… when hasn’t the NCAA been a toothless tiger?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Coach O giving your son Dr Phil kinda advice during the most influential time of his life & that advice will stick with him for the rest of his life, is not a comforting thought for me as a parent, it just makes you appreciate how superrrrrr lucky we are for Coach Saban & "The Process" at Bama..

Reactions: T Bone

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.