News Article: You know you're an idiot if you do this

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Another take on the COVID parties.

Thank you.

"Why do these stories keep catching on? In part, it’s thanks to journalists’ long-standing and uncritical reliance on the pronouncements of public officials. These tales also reinforce existing stereotypes—anti-vaxxer hippies in rural Washington, MAGA bros in the Deep South—and may scratch a psychic itch among readers who already tend to pin responsibility for the ongoing pandemic on other people’s bad choices."

Reactions: 92tide and seebell

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Mrs. Basket Case and I were on a Zoom dinner the other night and talked about this. We were trying to come up with something we had done in college that was anywhere near the idea.

The closest we could come was hurricane parties — as in, throw a kegger while a hurricane is headed in. It’s not quite the same because we were in Tuscaloosa, roughly 200 miles inland from any coastline. And if anyone was hurt, it truly would be only those in attendance — as opposed to intentionally getting COVID and being a threat to spread it do dozens of others.

So yeah, we had a streak of Invincible Me, but not to the point of intentionally contracting a condition that can harm or even kill others.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree with Brad's link. There's no evidence it happened. Did they party when they shouldn't have - I'm sure. Same thing is going on in bars every evening. Pools for sickness? I didn't believe the first time I heard it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.