Your personal Good/Bad/Ugly for 2021

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Where in Bolivia are you going? My niece was a teacher in Bolivia, fell in love with a Bolivian man, they married and had 2 daughters. He dropped dead of a heart attack a couple of years ago. She moved to Birmingham and just finished Divinity School at Samford...she is taking her daughters back to Bolivia this summer to visit their paternal grandparents. Her parents (my sister) were both doctors and worked in Nicaragua for a few years back in the 1990's.
Lan flew into Viru Viru International Airport in Santa Cruz. The team stayed in Buena Vista, which is a two-hour drive (but was actually four hours due to protestors blocking roads). The hospital where they worked was in San Carlos, about a 30-minute drive from Buena Vista.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Well here is an interesting addendum:

"Nurse Sue" is an OR nurse in Wisconsin who volunteered with my wife on the Bolivia mission. Upon returning home, Sue filled the role of good Samaritan and helped save a motorcyclist involved in a bad wreck.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Well here is an interesting addendum:

"Nurse Sue" is an OR nurse in Wisconsin who volunteered with my wife on the Bolivia mission. Upon returning home, Sue filled the role of good Samaritan and helped save a motorcyclist involved in a bad wreck.

I'd love to own a motorcycle, but I read these kind of stories all too often.

I had a patient a few years back that lost part of a leg and a bunch of teeth in a motorcycle accident. I remember him saying he couldn't wait go get back on a bike.

Kudos to Nurse Sue. She must be a genuinely good person.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'd love to own a motorcycle, but I read these kind of stories all too often.

I had a patient a few years back that lost part of a leg and a bunch of teeth in a motorcycle accident. I remember him saying he couldn't wait go get back on a bike.

Kudos to Nurse Sue. She must be a genuinely good person.
I sold my last bike when we decided to have kids and told my wife I'd not own another until they were all grown and out of the house. Now I've little interest - I love riding, but I do not trust other people on the road.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I sold my last bike when we decided to have kids and told my wife I'd not own another until they were all grown and out of the house. Now I've little interest - I love riding, but I do not trust other people on the road.
I've only owned a Kawasaki trail bike. It had a dual range transmission, so you could more easily ride to the trailhead. The trail part didn't bother me at all, but riding the damned thing on the street was terrifying. OTOH, I commuted to work by bicycle for 40 years without fear, so go figure...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Q: Do you know what they call motorcyclists at the ER?
A: Organ Donors

They are dangerous because in a collision with a car they lose every time...obviously. No, I do not trust the people on the road either.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.