News Article: For Richt and UGA, yet another inexplicable loss

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
And Yet, Jeremy Pruitt should've realized that they were doing that, so why didn't he load the box ? put enough men in the box to stop the runs? I don't think Georgia actually took Florida seriously and they got caught with their pants down. Richt is not going to get fired or quit this season, but I would imgaine the fanbase is growing weary of this....
This reminds me of Alabama A and M and their former coach Jones, how he would lead the team to SWAC championships, but would always lose each game and he got fired because of that. Their new coach are one win away from SWAC Championship. My point is that sometime it's not the coaches, but the player's mentality.
Florida's play selection:
2 runs
2 passes
Run
Pass
11 runs
Pass
10 runs
Pass
8 runs
Pass
28 Runs
Ball Game

In those last 28 straight runs UF scored 3 TDs and a FG.

57 of their last 60 plays were runs and they scored 4 TDs and a FG doing it.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Hasn't Richt fired several DC's over the years? Martinez was one that I know of. Richt will just fire Pruitt eventually when the heat gets to be too much.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The Dawgs are waiting on CMR to retire, Mike Bobo is waiting in the wings (head coach in waiting). I imagine if we earn the right to play Ga. in the CG, we will run, run, run.
I think that was the gameplan last time we played them. Georgia, Eddie Lacey says Hello.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Hasn't Richt fired several DC's over the years? Martinez was one that I know of. Richt will just fire Pruitt eventually when the heat gets to be too much.
They had Van Gorder, Martinez , Grantham, Pruitt. I think. Notice the last two were d coaches under Nick Saban and run a similiar style defense 3-4

Last edited:

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
This is Richt's 15th season as Georgia's Head Coach without a National Championship. How many years would he have lasted at Alabama winning 10 games a year without a National Championship?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
They had Van Gorder, Martinez , Grantham, Pruitt. I think. Notice the last two were d coaches under Nick Saban and run a similiar style defense 3-4
where decent coaches go to die

Why anyone would want to be UGA's next defensive savior is beyond me. They are consistently the least disciplined team I have ever seen and that comes directly from their head coach. You can't play solid D without discipline and none of these saviors to be could ever see what is so evident to some of us. Every time they changed coordinators I would say to my UGA friends "it won't matter" and so far it never has

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The fact is it is annual fall right of passage for Georgia to "Spit the Bit" . Georgia has almost always lost a game they had no business losing just when their fans begin to think they have a chance to win the conference.

Just want them to beat the Boogs.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
His point is not the talent he has, it's the talent he misses out on that go elsewhere. Texas gets who they want for the most part.
He said "does less with more" Whether we're talking about talent in his state or on the roster, history is littered with coaches who have done "less with more" than Mark Richt. That was my only point.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
The fact is it is annual fall right of passage for Georgia to "Spit the Bit" . Georgia has almost always lost a game they had no business losing just when their fans begin to think they have a chance to win the conference.

Just want them to beat the Boogs.
Just as a comparison, Alabama in almost every November under Coach Saban usually squeaks one out that we think should be a relatively easy win. The SEC is brutal, and if you don't coach like heck each and every week, you'll get beat by a team you should otherwise beat handily talent-wise.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Just as a comparison, Alabama in almost every November under Coach Saban usually squeaks one out that we think should be a relatively easy win. The SEC is brutal, and if you don't coach like heck each and every week, you'll get beat by a team you should otherwise beat handily talent-wise.
Saban has never lost as badly as UGA lost to UF on Saturday.

Since Saban got to Bama in 2007 hes never lost a game by more tha 14. During that time Richt has lost at LEAST one game by more than 14 EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Sure. I don't fully disagree. But who? How would you go about it?
The first thing they have to do is fire Richt. Should have been done several years ago. Maybe some of the boosters need to do like Tenn. did to Bill Battle in the 60's, park a moving van in front of his house and tell him to start packing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The Dawgs are waiting on CMR to retire, Mike Bobo is waiting in the wings (head coach in waiting). I imagine if we earn the right to play Ga. in the CG, we will run, run, run.
i don't know if i could handle the overwhelming schadenfreude that i would feel if they hire bobo.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Saban has never lost as badly as UGA lost to UF on Saturday.

Since Saban got to Bama in 2007 hes never lost a game by more tha 14. During that time Richt has lost at LEAST one game by more than 14 EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
i can't remember the last time we lost a regular season game by more than 14. lsu under fran maybe? i remember in 98 or so va tech beating the crap out of us in the music city bowl. even shulas teams never really got blown out and in rivalry games, would at least give it a good effort.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
i can't remember the last time we lost a regular season game by more than 14. lsu under fran maybe? i remember in 98 or so va tech beating the crap out of us in the music city bowl. even shulas teams never really got blown out and in rivalry games, would at least give it a good effort.
At South Carolina in 2010, I believe.

I was talking to an Auburn friend about this: Georgia's defense never wants to put its nose in a fight. 418 yards on mostly dive plays. It reminds me of the ballyhooed Dawg safety who looked like he was running away from Lacey on one run during the SECCG. This, to me, continues to be a hallmark of Mark Richt's teams. They like football when they can prance, not when they have to fight.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
2006 - Florida won 28-13, and LSU won 28-14.
2004 - USCe won 20-3, and LSU won 26-10.

At South Carolina in 2010, I believe.
We lost by 14 to USCe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.