Alabama QBs in 2024, II

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Anthony Richardson has a lot of physical tools but he also had other skills that got him drafted that high. For example he had really good pocket awareness and movement. His pressure to sack ratio was below 10. Milroe is not that right now, he's on the other end of the spectrum.

Most of the better crazy early mock drafts have come out and they have Beck as QB1 and don't have Milroe at all in the 1st round.
My point is Richardson was horrible as a starter in college, but the NFL guys don’t care one bit about actual production. Milroe has no business being drafted in the 1st round, which means he’ll likely go top 5 overall, lol.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Does anyone know if our QBs use the VR program that Jayden Daniels uses? No idea how much of a role it really played in his development but it has been talked about a lot as a big help for him. Allowed him to get way more reps than he could possibly get on the field.

It may be overblown but still curious

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Does anyone know if our QBs use the VR program that Jayden Daniels uses? No idea how much of a role it really played in his development but it has been talked about a lot as a big help for him. Allowed him to get way more reps than he could possibly get on the field.

I know that some in the past have, but no idea if the current guys are or not.

• Thank You
Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I had always assumed that we used it as Coach Saban was so cutting edge.. :unsure:

Reactions: bamajas

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Ryan Fowler tweeted that in an early 2025 NFL mock draft projection, Jalen Milroe is projected to be taken #1 overall and going to....get this...the Carolina Panthers.

LIsten man, if BY, a modern day QB Houdini, can't operate behind the Panther OL for lack of "time" does anybody in their right mind think JM could???
I could see Atlanta trading up to get him......

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Atlanta says "hold my beer"... ;)
I have no doubt the Failcons will draft an offensive skill player next year despite the fact that they will desperately need defensive players. It will not be a QB. They think Pennix is the next Mahomes. Unless Cousins gets injured and Pennix is so bad. he makes JaMarcus Russell look like Tom Brady, they will not draft a QB. Atlanta screws up the draft, but they aren't the Bears or Browns.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't understand many things about the NFL business model and draft, but I'm pretty confident that the Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons are the worst draft teams.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That's good news. Finally a word from Coach about the others.

I also saw where Deboar (at the Regions Pro Am) giving an interview talking about ways JM has improved. He mentioned some key areas of weaknesses from last year he's improved in from recognition, progressions to footwork.

All of this gives us hope the QB position will be better next year compared to last year.

As big of a mess as it was last year, CKD (already with a good record of QB development) will really give concrete evidence he knows how to develop a dynamic QB!

I think this very issue (QB development) along with NIL are the two things that led to all our problems last year and CNS's retirement.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't look now Jalen Milroe is on the cover of EA Sports College Football 25!
I'm not a gamer so this is really a sincere question:

If you use JM as a QB (or any other player) on a video game, is the gaming system consistent with the player's capabilities/weaknesses?

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I'm not a gamer so this is really a sincere question:

If you use JM as a QB (or any other player) on a video game, is the gaming system consistent with the player's capabilities/weaknesses?
To an extent. Each player has an overall rating (0-100) that is determined by their ratings on 20 or so different attributes (also 0-100). For him, the main attributes would be speed, acceleration, agility, elusiveness, change of direction, throw power, short throw accuracy, medium throw accuracy, deep throw accuracy, and awareness. However, it doesn't really cover the ability to read a defense, or timing. That would pretty much be determined by the skill of the user. It's safe to say he'll likely be better in the game than he is in real life

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's good news. Finally a word from Coach about the others.

I also saw where Deboar (at the Regions Pro Am) giving an interview talking about ways JM has improved. He mentioned some key areas of weaknesses from last year he's improved in from recognition, progressions to footwork.

All of this gives us hope the QB position will be better next year compared to last year.

As big of a mess as it was last year, CKD (already with a good record of QB development) will really give concrete evidence he knows how to develop a dynamic QB!

I think this very issue (QB development) along with NIL are the two things that led to all our problems last year and CNS's retirement.
We need all these quarterbacks to develop and get better. This is Milroe's last season so if he does improve his weaknesses from last season and starts the entire season, he's not here next season. For reasons we've already beaten to death, our quarterback room post-2020 simply didn't develop at an acceptable rate.

Reactions: CrimsonRuss

Latest threads