Bama vs USCe Postgame Thread

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It’s hard to read stuff right now. I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like for Miller. For the team. For Oats. I almost wish Saban would make a statement and take some of the heat off Nate. I know it’s nothing to do with him, but I just wish he would make a statement. I feel like someone needs to throw Nate a lifeline.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Haven't even read the thread yet, but I just want to say those "Goofs" at ESPN complaining CNO is just toeing the company line are doing exactly that. ESPN, for some reason, decided a long time ago they'd rather be political than just report on Sports. The protest of those two guys that I've never even heard of was ridiculous. They were so "hurt" by Miller's life situation they were at a loss for words INSTEAD of just doing their jobs and talking about what an amazing game he had against all odds!

Classic example of a company forgetting their mission!

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Haven't even read the thread yet, but I just want to say those "Goofs" at ESPN complaining CNO is just toeing the company line are doing exactly that. ESPN, for some reason, decided a long time ago they'd rather be political than just report on Sports. The protest of those two guys that I've never even heard of was ridiculous. They were so "hurt" by Miller's life situation they were at a loss for words INSTEAD of just doing their jobs and talking about what an amazing game he had against all odds!

Agreed! I love how they conveniently portrayed the timeline of events while leaving out the statement by Miller's attorney. It was most definitely slanted in one direction which was to paint Miller in a bad light.

I'll give the USCe student section a break, our students would do the exact same thing plus we have to remember the rest of the country is getting the biased, slanted, incomplete information.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Already not looking forward to the TAMU students at their place.
If the incident happened at the barn and Pearl said and did exactly what Oats did I imagine our fans would be chanting the same thing when they come to town next week.

And can everyone here honestly say they’d have the same reaction if it did happen there?

We are going to be the national villains the rest of the season. Might as well accept it.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Agreed! I love how they conveniently portrayed the timeline of events while leaving out the statement by Miller's attorney. It was most definitely slanted in one direction which was to paint Miller in a bad light.

I'll give the USCe student section a break, our students would do the exact same thing plus we have to remember the rest of the country is getting the biased, slanted, incomplete information.
We all expected some sort of classless student response to the situation. Most all won't-didn't bother to read past the media slanted one liners but here's my take on it.

Brandon Miller handled the negativity in the best way possible in that he just went out and proved he's stone cold and one of, if not the best, players in CBB.

This too shall pass, and I'm done with listening or responding to anymore media twists about the situation.

Let's all keep Jamea Harris' child and family in our thoughts and prayers.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States

Most of these sports reporters couldn't hack it as a journalist, which is what they wanted to be, and just insert that desire into sports. Last night the annoucers came across as acting like South Carolina and its fans were playing for the victim. I feel bad about what happened to her, but they act like Miller pulled the trigger. I do not believe for one second that if he knew what was going on and what the gun was going to be used for he would have brought it. He just doesn't seem like he would be involved in that type of situation. The part I noticed is that they never mentioned that Bradley was in the car as well, it was just Miller that they focused on. If they were truly trying to report the story they would have told the whole thing instead of just sensationalizing it.

As far as the game goes I'm just glad they got the win and I think they will be more focused going forward.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Was just looking at the box score again. We got a total of 2 buckets from the bench. Outrebounded them 40-27.

• Wow
Reactions: B1GTide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We only play the barn of Texas once. So if we lose to them and we are both 16-2, they are top seed. Not sure if we can claim an official co-title.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.