Video: Career Highlights of One of My Favorite Players: Major Ogilvie

MajorFan42

Jan 14, 2017
I ran around the yard in cut off t-shirts acting like him when I was a kid!

I did too. My favorite offensive player when I was young. I also did the Keith Jackson calls while pretending to be The Major. Thank you for the video.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Besides Johnny Musso ( who is my favorite Bama player) Major is right behind
Musso was my Dad's favorite too and he had a #22 Jersey when I was really young but I also remember him talking about Major a lot as well.

I always chose #22 for my number in sports because of that and then funnily enough years later another #22 (Mark Ingram) became my Mom's and My Favorite player.

But man those 70's RB's were TOUGH and Ran the Ball HARD.

I love watching these old highlights.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Back in the days when playing for Alabama and Coach Bryant was an end unto itself as opposed to what it is now. Simply a means to an end.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man those Wishbone QBs took a beating. Loved the Major also.
My earliest memories of Alabama football is the full house wishbone.

It was so entertaining and effective when run properly. My favorite play was the wide sweep after the fake to the full back with the lead back blocking and the QB and other tail back trailing. The most beautiful execution was when the QB could turn up field and then pitch late.

But yeah, the QBs had to be ready to take a helmet to the chest or head (all of which was legal in those days).

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Loved seeing the Bama wishbone again. Oklahoma and Texas were the two other major players that ran the bone back in the day. Thanks for bringing back wonderful memories from my 9th-12th grade years.

Reactions: BamaMoon

Latest threads