Choreographed TD celebrations

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I mentioned it in the game thread but after seeing highlights from the day, I noticed it multiple times. I observed players doing some sort of choreographed TD celebration. Little dances, other players getting in on it. I thought this was a celebration penalty. What did I miss? When did the rules start allowing for these?

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I mentioned it in the game thread but after seeing highlights from the day, I noticed it multiple times. I observed players doing some sort of choreographed TD celebration. Little dances, other players getting in on it. I thought his was a celebration penalty. What did I miss? When did the rules start allowing for these?
They changed that , As long as you celebrate with team mates, not individual celebrations, And don’t show up a defender , it’s OK. They tried to keep the joy of scoring in the game , but I don’t think choreographed line dancing or whatever was what the rule had in mind.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My memory is a little fuzzy but it seems like...
The 'Iggy Shuffle' was an early example of a TD celebration.
Seems that was about the time the Celebration spread to College Football. and all over the NFL.

Reactions: Tidelines

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
My memory is a little fuzzy but it seems like...
The 'Iggy Shuffle' was an early example of a TD celebration.
Seems that was about the time the Celebration spread to College Football. and all over the NFL.
Man, these are kids having FUN!

Some of y’all need to go outside and yell at some clouds.
Trying to bridge the generation gap

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.