Do you have a Pet Peeve (Part II)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
my apartment complex requiring a 60 day notice for leaving. so if I were to hypothetically get a job in another state. I would still have to pay for this stupid place for 2 months and by breaking my lease I also get charged an extra month. now all this despite only having 2 months left on my lease.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
my apartment complex requiring a 60 day notice for leaving. so if I were to hypothetically get a job in another state. I would still have to pay for this stupid place for 2 months and by breaking my lease I also get charged an extra month. now all this despite only having 2 months left on my lease.
Seems pretty reasonable to me. They are running a business.

• Facepalm
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Seems pretty reasonable to me. They are running a business.
OK fine. but no apartment will hold a place for 60 days. every single time I have had to move, I have had to give a 60 day notice with no place to move to.

my problem with this stupid rule now is I only have 2 months left. If I left tomorrow, I would still get charged for the 2 months plus a third month for "breaking my lease"

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
OK fine. but no apartment will hold a place for 60 days. every single time I have had to move, I have had to give a 60 day notice with no place to move to.

my problem with this stupid rule now is I only have 2 months left. If I left tomorrow, I would still get charged for the 2 months plus a third month for "breaking my lease"
So you just tell them you're not reupping and are moving out at the end of your lease. You save the third month.

Reactions: B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I rented for years before buying, moving many times, and never had a problem following the notice rules and avoided overlapping rents. No idea what it is like where you are, but rental turnover was high enough where I lived that it wasn't a problem. Just made for a busy month.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If only two months are left on the lease you aren’t breaking the lease if you say you are leaving in two months. That’s the end of the lease.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Reason #578,217 that I now know I'm getting old. I have no idea why people who receive a gift for a baby shower, wedding, or graduation do not send a thank you card. Most of these types of gifts are pretty nice and if they were worth the time to send them an invitation, then I think they are worth the time to send them a Thank You card for the gift. Because let's be honest, a lot of invitations like these are (in part) for the gifts.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reason #578,217 that I now know I'm getting old. I have no idea why people who receive a gift for a baby shower, wedding, or graduation do not send a thank you card. Most of these types of gifts are pretty nice and if they were worth the time to send them an invitation, then I think they are worth the time to send them a Thank You card for the gift. Because let's be honest, a lot of invitations like these are (in part) for the gifts.
I learned a long time ago how easy it is to send someone a thank you card/note. I have about 10 different style cards to choose from on my correspondence shelf.

I also bought a roll of smiley stickers and usually include a few of those - plus one on the envelope flap. ;)

Most of this stuff boils down to a choice on how you want to carry yourself. 🤷‍♂️