Final Four Postgame and The Off Season Thread

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Byrne was smart to include a prohibitive buyout on Oats’ new contract. That said, Oats strikes me as the type who’d rather create his own legacy elevating Bama to the elite than trying to live up to the standards of a blue blood.

It’ll be interesting to see what effect if any this FF run has on players considering the portal.
I think his relationship with Nick also helps. He has said he integrated some of Nick’s championship qualities into his own program. Of course, he also has a great relationship with Greg Byrne, which can’t be understated.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
makes you wonder what might have been if Clowney came back for another year. I saw he had 4 blocks the other night against the Pistons. I think the team deferred too much to Miller, but Clowney would have been a good role player. Anyway, great run. Nothing surprises me moving forward with this coach. For 2023-2024 season, It Looks like we will lose in the National semi’s to the eventual National champion in basketball and football.
Clowney or Bediako would have been huge.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
IMHO...........UConn was damn lucky to get that win last night.

No disrespect intended because obviously they are a very good team!

Lot of balls just weren't going through the hoop for Bama towards the end of the game.

And we all know that can happen to any team - even the very best ones.

Cheers for all you accomplished this season! :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
makes you wonder what might have been if Clowney came back for another year. I saw he had 4 blocks the other night against the Pistons. I think the team deferred too much to Miller, but Clowney would have been a good role player. Anyway, great run. Nothing surprises me moving forward with this coach. For 2023-2024 season, It Looks like we will lose in the National semi’s to the eventual National champion in basketball and football.
Imagine Clowney instead of Pringle. Yes, big difference.

We remember his offensive game but he was elite on defense and on the boards too!

With Clowney and Bediako on this team we are playing Monday night.

Reactions: dathbama

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think his relationship with Nick also helps. He has said he integrated some of Nick’s championship qualities into his own program. Of course, he also has a great relationship with Greg Byrne, which can’t be understated.
He’s definitely got some traits in common with Saban.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
I just want to say great season I was glad to live see our basketball team in FF I feel like a NC will come in 2 yrs now lets move on to A DAY next Saturday excited to see what our new football coach will be like.

Reactions: dathbama

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I was reading something on CNO a few days ago that basically said he had almost came to the realization that he would stay at Rumulus and continue building his legacy in the high school ranks. He may very well like UA and may be here long term. When GB hired him I had to google him since I previously hadn’t heard of him. What a fantastic hire. Great year. RTR my friends.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So how much money did the team make off a Final Four trip? I’ve never understood the payout but I do know they get paid for every round they advance in the tournament.
Interesting note, this is not currently a thing in the Women’s tournament although they are trying to implement it.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Omaur Ballo from Arizona has entered the portal. If you want a big and rim protector there is your guy. He not a pick and pop 3 shooter but brings serious size and strength down low.

Reactions: Joefus

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Final update gang: Heart cath this morning revealed a large area of 95% stenosis of the LAD (Left Anterior Descending) coronary artery. This is considered “the widow maker”. Luckily it was located in an area where angioplasty and stenting were viable. Back in my room, and they will monitor me overnight and hopefully discharged tomorrow.

Once again, the prayers we appreciated and definitely felt. I’m a lucky and blessed guy!

Thanks!!! RTR!

Last edited:

ROCKEE

1st Team
Nov 1, 2010
Trussville
Final update gang: Heart cath this morning revealed a large area of 95% stenosis of the LAD (Left Anterior Descending) coronary artery. This is considered “the widow maker”. Luckily it was located in an area where angioplasty and stenting viable. Back in my room, and they will monitor me overnight and hopefully discharged tomorrow.

Once again, the prayers we appreciated and definitely felt. I’m a lucky and blessed guy!

Thanks!!! RTR!
Great news my man! Take care.

Reactions: CB4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.