Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray Transferring from TAMU

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Re: Kyle Allen transferring

Kyle Allen might not be the only transfer this year from A&M and he might not be the only QB transferring either. Kyler Murray is considering leaving as well. Also, we might be losing yet another 5 star from New Orleans Speedy Noil. Our offense is a cluster, I expect next year to be Sumlins last. Personally, I'd like to see Sumlin fired tomorrow and try to lure Chip Kelly from the Eagles.

p.s. Hope you all win it all this year! Best of luck and ALL of the Aggies that I know will be cheering your team on.
Thanks for the kind words!

I'll admit, I thought Sumlin was going to be a be a force to be reckoned with early on, and I was impressed with media appearances as well. Since then, he has seemed to make really questionable decisions on and off the field.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

If Murray transfers, there are several teams, close to home, that play in a league with no defense. He would probably be lights out, in that league.

At least his chances of surviving the season are better.

Wait...............didn't several of those teams lose more than one QB, this season?

Never mind!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Who didn't see this coming? I posted several weeks ago that Allen would transfer just as Hill did last year. Except for beating us in Tuscaloosa, I have been completely underwhelmed with Sumlin's coaching and his player management.

From what has been written and said Murray's father, a former Aggie, possibly put pressure on Sumlin to play his son and Allen, the starter last year was benched. I can see how this could have caused problems in the locker room which is a sure fire way to lose the team and the season. Sumlin deserves to be on the hot seat. I see Tom Herman headed to Texas or TAMU after next season.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Kevin Sumlin will be on the hottest of hot seats next year. He already started the dumpster fire by his insane and frankly immature and incompetent handling of the QB this season. It was almost like he had a message board poll up to decide who started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

A&M and Allbarn will be an interesting matchup next season, with the loser of the game having the inside track in the game of musical hotseat.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007

I think Sumlin has been cruising and hoped no one would notice. They noticed.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)

'Hi Kyle..this is Gus....uhhhh....Gus.....Gus Malzahn. Spell it? M-A-L-Z-A-H-N....."

"No...No....No... I'm the coach at Auburn....No we're located in Alabama....not west Georgia...."

"No...No...No...that's just a rumor....we're NOT A CULT....we're uh...uh....uh...we're fambly...."
<puts hand over phone> "Kristi, shut. up!"

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Both Allen and Murray appeared to build up cliques of support on the team. I remember when Allen got pulled in our game he went over to one of his friends and did a little eye roll. A friend who was at the game and sitting behind their sideline told me that there were a couple of times during our game where Allen got into it with his linemen.

I'm not sure if I lay this completely at Sumlin's feet, but the way he handled it obviously didn't work well. I think the way our QB battles have gone for the last couple of years it could have easily happened here too. We have had some very unselfish players in our QB group along with some good mentoring. If either had not been the case I think it easily could have gone the same way.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

JMO, but the problem at aTm isn't promises made or misinterpreted by players. It is how those players reacted. You feel like you are not being treated fairly, what do you do? How do you handle that? Who do you talk to?

I understand that they are young. Henry struggled with this, so it isn't a character flaw. But at some point you need to talk to someone who has the ability to help you make solid decisions and move forward. You don't take it to your friends on the team and try to build support. That type of stuff kills team chemistry.

Henry was not happy, but he waited until he got home and talked to his family about his concerns. Better than what happened with these QBs at aTm, but still not ideal. These kids need to talk to their coaches. If they feel like they are not being told the truth, they need to leave. Why continue to play for someone that you don't trust? But don't destroy the team on your way out the door.

I put this on the players far more than the coaches. Saban had no idea how Henry felt, nor did his other coaches. Would you have held them responsible if Henry had transferred?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Not suprised by this. There was plenty of rumors on that the last two months... The thing is Sumlin has to fix this, because he lost top 2 quarterback the last two years. he needs to say that " you're my qb for better and for worse" and fix the offense. I wish Allen stayed for one more year before he transferred.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Kyle Allen might not be the only transfer this year from A&M and he might not be the only QB transferring either. Kyler Murray is considering leaving as well. Also, we might be losing yet another 5 star from New Orleans Speedy Noil. Our offense is a cluster, I expect next year to be Sumlins last. Personally, I'd like to see Sumlin fired tomorrow and try to lure Chip Kelly from the Eagles.

p.s. Hope you all win it all this year! Best of luck and ALL of the Aggies that I know will be cheering your team on.
Have to ask - how much of the TAMU fan base agrees with your comments about Sumlin?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I will continue to munch popcorn and enjoy the entertainment :lurk5: on TideFans.com
Seriously, hope everything works out for the young men involved. Growing up in their competitive environment has to be a challenge.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

I'm hearing that Kyle Allen mentioned Oklahoma as a possible destination. Mayfield has one more year left there, so he'd be a back up his first year and then play as a Senior I guess? I don't see Allen beating out Mayfield..................

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Henry was not happy, but he waited until he got home and talked to his family about his concerns.
That was an interesting read, he had been dog cussed for the first time and was homesick. They advised him that he was going anywhere, that he had made a commitment. I'm sure his grandmother was involved, and it worked out for the best of course. This is where parents can make a huge difference. Henry was maybe just pondering the idea, and would have not left without someone else advising it. Having "Yes" people can really hurt you.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That was an interesting read, he had been dog cussed for the first time and was homesick. They advised him that he was going anywhere, that he had made a commitment. I'm sure his grandmother was involved, and it worked out for the best of course. This is where parents can make a huge difference. Henry was maybe just pondering the idea, and would have not left without someone else advising it. Having "Yes" people can really hurt you.
Even when Henry was struggling with it, he didn't take it to the other players. Now, maybe that is because of the culture at Alabama. But maybe it is because Henry isn't selfish enough to be willing to put himself ahead of his teammates.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Coach Sumlin isn't helping himself long-term with this situation, particularly with other parents of highly-sought after QBs. I do think this brewing storm is one reason Tom Herman stayed put in Houston - he's expecting UT or A&M to be open next year. Not a bad plan, if I may say so myself.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Even when Henry was struggling with it, he didn't take it to the other players. Now, maybe that is because of the culture at Alabama. But maybe it is because Henry isn't selfish enough to be willing to put himself ahead of his teammates.
It does speak of a culture for sure, maybe being in boot camp with the USA military as your backdrop, you just don't want to tell another soldier that you want to "quit" the marines and maybe join the army (me). He even waited until the end of his last year to share the story. This goes back to another story defining what "nearly left" means, on Kiffin leaving after his first year to join the 49's. Sometimes people ponder things, and they just need someone to tell them they are doing the right thing. Can be just thought, maybe even as a defense mechanism.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

According to Billy Liucci at Texas A&M site, "There's also the "little" things like where Murray's head is at in all of this (I've heard from more than one college coach in this state that Murray, in fact, is also strongly considering a transfer". I also agree with you, Murray won't survive a full season in the SEC.
Hey Mighty, if you are planning to travel to Nashville for the MCB, let me know if you need any advice on hotels, restaurants, etc. You guys were well-represented at the Vandy game, BTW. Predators play the Rangers here two days before, I think. Anyway, lots to see and do in Nashville these days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.