News Article: Larry Nassar and MSU

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
This is just as disgusting as the Penn State situation. In light of the most recent information released, I simply can't fathom how Ms. Simon can suggest that this situation has been politicized. I feel confident that all citizens are shocked at what was transpiring at MSU for more than two decades. How was this covered up for so long? Where was the university administration when multiple children voiced the evil they were subjected to? Why did one of the parents of the victims not escalate this in some way? If I had a six year old daughter that was assaulted, I can assure you that I would not remain silent.

Someone better start prepping a large number of cells at the Michigan maximum security penitentiary. Too many people charged with protecting children turned a blind eye to this monster and need to pay the price.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
he is better off rotting than dead

death is too easy for him
Depends purely upon methodology.

However, nothing remotely approaching what he deserves would ever be allowed due to it being "inhumane."

I would argue that you can't be inhumane to someone who, by virtue of their own actions, has forfeited their own humanity and that Nassar definitely seems to qualify as such.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Depends purely upon methodology.
Kinda what I was hinting at.

There are things that are far worse than death, things that would make this vile piece of crap long for its release.

I'll say it again - he should thank his lucky stars each and every day that none of the fathers wanted retribution.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I worked at a local college for 5 years, I no longer work there. Each year we where required to go to a title IX meeting. This meeting was all about how, as employees, we were to handle a Title IX situation that we might witness or hear about. We were told that if we witnessed, or a student confided in us about, some type of sexual assault or harassment we were NOT to call law enforcement.

There was a list of 5 college employees that were suppose to be contacted, counselors and Title IX coordinators. I don't understand the law but these were the only employees under Title IX that were confidential. The rest of us were required to report stuff to the college, even if a student asked us not to report it. I understand that part but, it always bugged me that we were told to not contact law enforcement, even if we witness a sexual assault. I even ask why in one of these meetings and was basically told to contact the Title IX coordinator and the school would investigate and decide when to contact law enforcement. They basically said that not every victim wants law enforcement involved and the school would help them through the situation as needed. It always rubbed me the wrong way, I always thought it just gave the school a better chance to control the narrative, bury the incident. I think my thinking is turning out to be right as more and more of these problems surface at colleges across the country.

I think it is time that students and parents stop trusting college administration, professors and counselors to do the right thing; go straight to law enforcement and the media. The more eyes you can get looking that have nothing to do with the school, the better. Do it fast, don't give the school a chance to defend itself, go for the jugular because that's what these schools are doing with your kids.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
This is a heavy op-ed

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/...typ=cur&referer=https://t.co/mc9dA5XYn8?amp=1

I lost my church. I lost my closest friends as a result of advocating for survivors who had been victimized by similar institutional failures in my own community.

I lost every shred of privacy.

When a new friend searched my name online or added me as a friend on Facebook, the most intimate details of my life became available long before we had even exchanged phone numbers. I avoided the grocery stores on some days, to make sure my children didn’t see my face on the newspaper or a magazine. I was asked questions about things no one should know when I least wanted to talk.

And the effort it took to move this case forward — especially as some called me an “ambulance chaser” just “looking for a payday” — often felt crushing.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.