Link: McCarron: I Wasn't Healthy At Alabama

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I was thinking (or I should say hoping) that the Draft would provide him the impetus to do just that. Clearly I was mistaken.
Well, fingers crossed, the media hype should die down unless he opens his pie hole again about why he didn't go in the 1rst or 2nd Rounds like he thought he would.

Please AJ, just report to camp on time, do your best, and represent with class and hopefully by the Fall, all of this will be in the rearview.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This much is clear: AJ McCarron's worst enemy is AJ McCarron.
Exactly, it simply amazes me that his agent is not doing a better job of muzzling him. Its been interesting to see how this has played out during the off-season. Manziel spent all season antagonizing all of college football. After the season he keeps his mouth shut and otherwise keeps a low profile. He goes late first as a result. AJ on the other hand resents the game manager tag becomes very vocal, blows of the Senior Bowl and some on-campus interviews with teams - acting a like a prima donna. He was already viewed as someone with marginal starting ability so he made it worse and goes late 5th round. Honestly, I think he is jealous of Manziel and the attention he gets as a playmaker and AJ set about in the offseason to try to make himself a public figure and it has backfired royally.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Well, fingers crossed, the media hype should die down unless he opens his pie hole again about why he didn't go in the 1rst or 2nd Rounds like he thought he would.

Please AJ, just report to camp on time, do your best, and represent with class and hopefully by the Fall, all of this will be in the rearview.
It will die down if he will shut up, but by the same token it would have never happened in the first instance had he not spoken out like he did, and it would have died down at several other points since then had he simply not re-fanned the fire every couple of weeks. As long as he keeps willing to talk, there will be an audience.

Frankly, at this point it's clear that this will not end until someone intervenes, because obviously he doesn't understand the value of silence. Eventually the Bengals will tell him he better shut up if he plans on being a member of their football team, and that will be the end of it. But until then...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Why? Is he a SubGenuis?

He is marrying a Kardashian-wannabe. Just wait until that silly show gets rolling. I think this is just the beginning of a train wreck.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Petty rumblings from our fans. It's a good thing that some of us don't have access to the media outlets to voice our opinions. He's a human being, cut him some slack!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I might get in trouble for this...but honestly AJ needs to shut his mouth and get to the Bengals camp. He is getting too much bad PR and it will be a distraction to him.
Yah, not to mention it makes me wonder if he understands what the NFL is vs CFB (even at Alabama) - if he stayed injured at Bama, there's virtually no chance he won't be the same / worse in the NFL.

Seems more and more like he's making excuses and blaming everyone / everything else. Would love to see him succeed in the NFL, but the overall attitude makes me doubtful...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If this were his first questionable comment, I'd agree with you.
I think the "Social Media" generation has a hard time expressing themselves period. That being said, he'll learn as he gets older. Not comparing in anyway as far as talent, but Bama has had some great QB's that at one time or another were really "cocky" and seemed to have the knack for sticking their foot in their mouth. It ain't bragging if you can do it! Up until now, he has "walked the walk" with some Records and Titles at the Collegiate level. #BroadwayJoe

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He's in luck. Injuries are rare in the NFL and when they do happen, the coaches never ask you to play hurt.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think the "Social Media" generation has a hard time expressing themselves period. That being said, he'll learn as he gets older. Not comparing in anyway as far as talent, but Bama has had some great QB's that at one time or another were really "cocky" and seemed to have the knack for sticking their foot in their mouth. It ain't bragging if you can do it! Up until now, he has "walked the walk" with some Records and Titles at the Collegiate level. #BroadwayJoe
One of two things is going to happen to this "social media" generation. One.. they will never learn the basic communication skills that all prior generations were required to learn in order to become a functioning member of society (and as a result, service and quality across all sectors of the economy will continue to plummet) or two, they will finally wise up to their plight as they are passed over in favor of more qualified candidates, and they will put down their stupid phones and ipads and actually do something in life. </end old fart rant> #getoffmylawn

Persephone

Apr 30, 2014
If this is all it takes for Alabama faithful to turn on AJ, then it's possible the support for him wasn't as much as some may have thought.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You can't really explain yourself with the character limit on Twitter. Social media is here to stay whether we like or not.

One of two things is going to happen to this "social media" generation. One.. they will never learn the basic communication skills that all prior generations were required to learn in order to become a functioning member of society (and as a result, service and quality across all sectors of the economy will continue to plummet) or two, they will finally wise up to their plight as they are passed over in favor of more qualified candidates, and they will put down their stupid phones and ipads and actually do something in life. </end old fart rant> #getoffmylawn

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.