Poll: Most difficult regular season game in 2022?

Most difficult regular season game in 2022?

• @Texas

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • @Arkansas

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • @ Ole Miss

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Toss up between Arkansas and Ole Miss. The viles could make us really earn one this year. Sort of like they did in 2015. Maybe not 19-15 close, but close-ish for a bit before we pull away late. Naturally, some of the smack talking (delusional) barners all calling for the Iron Bowl to be the upset of the year in college football, based on last year's 4 overtime debacle, I guess. Yeah...ok then. If they have paid ANY attention over the last decade plus, they would see that they kind of game they have against us in auburn and the kind of game they have against us in Tuscaloosa have proven to be 2 DRASTICALLY different things. I look forward to an absolute demolishing of them this year.

Reactions: Bubbaloo

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think LSU will be alot more difficult than many believe. They are a highly talented team and they upgraded in coaching.
We all make fun of Kelly but he will bring organization and discipline to that program…something it lacked in the latter years with Miles and never had under Ogre. They have talent, but just don’t have depth. For me they are the enigma of this season.

Reactions: BamaInBham

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
We all make fun of Kelly but he will bring organization and discipline to that program…something it lacked in the latter years with Miles and never had under Ogre. They have talent, but just don’t have depth. For me they are the enigma of this season.
He is a better hire than I had hoped they would get. That being said He has been known to Drop a "how did they lose that one??" games on a regular basis. Dude had his Qb throw the ball against NC state (i think it was NC State) one year a million time during a game in a downpour with massive winds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padreruf and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
He is a better hire than I had hoped they would get. That being said He has been known to Drop a (how did they lose that one??) games on a regular basis. Dude had his Qb throw the ball against NC state (i think it was NC State) one year a million time during a game in a downpour with massive winds.
Oh I’m not saying Kelly won’t follow his same general “M.O.” as a coach . I am saying this LSU team has enough talent (in some position groups) that with addition of better structure and discipline they could have a better year than many of us expect.

Reactions: dtgreg

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
OM does not concern me as much. I do not believe they will be as good as last year and they will be breaking a new QB. Later in the schedule favors us over OM from a depth standpoint. Late season SEC games takes its toll on teams like OM that do not not have the depth that teams like we do, but on the right day can match up with the top 22 maybe. That said there is something to playing us after LSU, MSU has been able to hang with us in that week.

I believe there are only two teams that we play this year that will be better than they were last year. TN and ARK. Both hung with us for a while and both games are on the road. Neither team has beaten us in a while and would love to get that notch in the belt. Those two teams scare me the most on our schedule. I believe Arkansas will have the second best defense in the league next to ours. They will be crazy good.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw that Texas had 5 injuries during their scrimmage this past weekend, some season ending, and probably none will be back (4 were starters and 1 was a RB in the rotation) for the Bama game. I thought that Texas may create issues with their offense, at least during the first half.

I just read that their field is artificial turf. I wonder how many of those injuries can be traced to that. It makes me nervous for the game now.... I was glad Bama didn't have to play the opening game in Atlanta due to the turf, and yet Texas's field is turf. Sure hope there are no injuries during that game, to either team. It's already going to be hot/humid... I think the toughest games for Bama will be at Arkansas, at Tennessee, and at Ole Miss.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I chose Arkansas because I figured they have the best chance of taking as step. Mostly if KJ Jefferson takes a step.

If we play as well as I think we could this season, then we shouldn't have a close regular season game.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Oh I’m not saying Kelly won’t follow his same general “M.O.” as a coach . I am saying this LSU team has enough talent (in some position groups) that with addition of better structure and discipline they could have a better year than many of us expect.
I feel like LSU could be trouble if Kelly can get established. Maybe more than any other school. We'll see.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
and LSU was a hail mary away from beating us. Can we just agree 2021 was basically a love child between 1991 and 2014???
Yep and anybody predicting a tough game based on last year's results is barking up the wrong tree. We are going to be much better and most likely they are not. With that being said, it has to be a road game so I'm going to say Arkansas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.