Bama Game Thread: Official Complaint Thread - Bama vs. LSU...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well, this thread is an absolute waste today. Wait, maybe I could’ve did some hot take posts and then deleted them. Later, I could’ve logged in with another account. Lol. I love this year.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Well, this thread is an absolute waste today. Wait, maybe I could’ve did some hot take posts and then deleted them. Later, I could’ve logged in with another account. Lol. I love this year.
Some of us like to have the ability to criticize. I ended up going back to the normal game thread because there was very little to criticize in 2nd half

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A day later, this thread is hilarious.

I sure am glad I don't have to work with most of you guys. Just sayin'...
Honestly I have not read it or the Game thread yet. Too busy being in the stadium and trying to get the hell out of Tuscaloosa after a late game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Our crowd simply refuses to be a factor in big games
Been to practically every home game since 2014 minus last year and COVID year. Alabama is not as crazy of an environment as LSU, aTm, or Auburn but it can get loud for certain games.

Last night is probably one of the few truly hostile crowds I have seen since the 2014 IB at BDS. There were many times in which LSU couldn’t get the play in or made mental errors because it was so loud.

I think people have this misconception that Alabama is suddenly going to be an environment like Auburn. It’s not and never will be. Winning is an expectation at Alabama and people tend to view going to a game as a social event at Alabama. How many threads have you seen where someone complains about profanity at a ball game or this being a “child friendly” environment. That doesn’t happen at places like LSU or Auburn.

Reactions: dathbama

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Been to practically every home game since 2014 minus last year and COVID year. Alabama is not as crazy of an environment as LSU, aTm, or Auburn but it can get loud for certain games.

Last night is probably one of the few truly hostile crowds I have seen since the 2014 IB at BDS. There were many times in which LSU couldn’t get the play in or made mental errors because it was so loud.

I think people have this misconception that Alabama is suddenly going to be an environment like Auburn. It’s not and never will be. Winning is an expectation at Alabama and people tend to view going to a game as a social event at Alabama. How many threads have you seen where someone complains about profanity at a ball game or this being a “child friendly” environment. That doesn’t happen at places like LSU or Auburn.
It should be noted I corrected myself immediately after that when we forced LSU to call a timeout. I just wish we would be loud the whole time instead of just situationally.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It should be noted I corrected myself immediately after that when we forced LSU to call a timeout. I just wish we would be loud the whole time instead of just situationally.
Well it’s like I have said for years. Alabama fans expect to win and they act if going to a game is just a formality. I can’t tell you how many iron bowls in Tuscaloosa the last 10 years where the atmosphere in and outside the stadium was just dead, and people were more mad about the touchdown that we didn’t get than happy that we won.

I’ve been to one iron bowl in Auburn and that was in 2015 where we brought a team going to Atlanta and bigger prizes against a team going to the Birmingham bowl. I’ve never seen so much energy and confidence from a fanbase of a 6 win team. The place was insane until Henry finally put an end to it late in the 4th.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Well it’s like I have said for years. Alabama fans expect to win and they act if going to a game is just a formality. I can’t tell you how many iron bowls in Tuscaloosa the last 10 years where the atmosphere in and outside the stadium was just dead, and people were more mad about the touchdown that we didn’t get than happy that we won.

I’ve been to one iron bowl in Auburn and that was in 2015 where we brought a team going to Atlanta and bigger prizes against a team going to the Birmingham bowl. I’ve never seen so much energy and confidence from a fanbase of a 6 win team. The place was insane until Henry finally put an end to it late in the 4th.
It seems to be a rule of thumb imo that the more average a team is historically, the wilder their fan base will be. At places like Alabama we expect to win every game no matter what. At places like South Carolina, a perineal .500 program, their fans get crazy at games in an 82,000 seat stadium because they truly believe that they have to help pull the team over the finish line with their noise.

What I will say about Bama games, it really depends on where you are sitting in the stadium. My family currently has season tickets in one of the EZ upper decks and I am able to make 1-2 games a year. The atmosphere and feeling that you are involved in the game is way less prevalent up there than it is anywhere in the lower bowl. In the upper deck, the crowd noise just kinda wafts towards you and doesn’t seem that loud. In the bowl, it can sound like the noise is deafening and pouring down on you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.