Link: Oregon wants Alabama so bad they made t-shirts....lol

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Not making any excuses, but LSU was the very first game of the season. Also the barn didn't do anything spectacular. We had the game tied in the final minutes and it could have gone either way. Additionally our roster is completely different, so to compare those games to any future games is not really relevant. As for our games with Stanford, some years they are shootouts, some years they are low scoring defensive struggles. We will go into their house and repay them the favor they gave us last year, we will be very motivated to do so.
Yes, but you're offense struggled mightily against the WORST defense by far to ever win a BCS title.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Agree for the most part. Stanford is not you. And aTm is not us (Ole Miss doesn't belong in this conversation, they are not elite). We run our offense very differently than aTm does. They may be the closest approximation to us in the same way Stanford may be the closest approximation of you.
y'know how it is man...fans are gonna be fans. this is a game that i feel would be a toss up. i'm a pessimistic fan but a realist at other times. both teams playing well, i don't know who wins out. if the d keeps going the way they are for alabama, it would make scoring for oregon more difficult, but not impossible. i've read about some of the oregon games this year and know that their defense has improved since last season. that being said, i just don't know how they would handle alabama offense, that and you never know if the slow start bama will show up or the large and in charge.

all that being said, i have to believe that this would be the game that everyone wants for the bcs, and it would be a great game, either way. hopefully both teams show up with no injuries or excuses and leave the same way. as a gambling man, i wouldn't feel comfortable putting more than a dollar on this one....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
My guess is they don't have any Piggly Wiggly stores, to buy some..........

(I know, Swoop beat me to it.....................too hard to resist...............)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was just shooting down the trash talk from his post. Fans make look ahead but the team and coaches never do. They'll prepare for WSU as much as any other team they face. I'm not worried about an angry Stanford. We'll be more motivated than them because they cost us a spot in the big game last year.
I will agree, it is a bit ridiculous to say Oregon is on the same level as Ole Miss and Auburn right now. Tradition-wise, maybe. But Oregon is head and shoulders above them as a winning program right now. Above UGA too.

Personally I am a bit peeved at Oregon for losing the one game I've wanted them to win, 3yrs ago. ;)

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I guess our definition of throttling is different. Winning by a FG isn't a throttling to me. Of course we won't score 49 pts against a team that hasn't lost a single regular season game. They were good and it was a close game.
They were actually just really, really lucky. We're talking guy living in his parents basement dating a supermodel lucky. They barely scraped by the likes of Mississippi State and Kentucky that year. That was a middle of the road SEC defense with one star in Nick Fairley, and he basically disrupted your entire offense.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I guess our definition of throttling is different. Winning by a FG isn't a throttling to me. Of course we won't score 49 pts against a team that hasn't lost a single regular season game. They were good and it was a close game.
It makes no difference at all what the other team did...going from 49 to 19 is being throttled. How many points would AU have had to score before Duck fans would admit that?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.