Roster Management for 24-25

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
With all the momentum and excitement within and around the program right now, I wish basketball schedules were already set and public. I'm looking forward to seeing what Oats has in mind for next season. Perhaps someone can start a thread with what we already know about next season's schedule, and we can update it as additional info becomes available.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Grant did not enter his name into the draft. Now we have to get him back to T-town. Yea Alabama got to step up.
I am pretty sure they don’t fit as having to be early enrollee because they technically are Seniors and normally would automatically be put into the draft. They just have the Covid year that they can use as an exemption and get another year of eligibility. I believe that is a different deadline of when they have to make that decision though to exercise it.

BamaHoopsBoi

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 7, 2023
Went to bed early last night. Was hoping to awake to some good news about Cliff.

Hoping his visit went well and this turns out well for the good guys!
Saw a picture of him on Twitter eating with Oats late last night at Chuck's in TTown. Seems like they are doing everything to get him to commit. I'd love to see him commit and hear about Sears return today..

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Weirder things have happened, but he is expected to return (Of course, we've heard that before). It does allow some feedback from NBA people. But he's got a long way to go to reach his significant potential.

Last edited:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Stevenson going pro but kept is eligibility.
I was rather surprised he hadn't already put his name in the draft. Won't be at all surprised if he's done with college hoops. Hope not, but he's always seemed a bit over-eager.

Just a procedural question. What is the school's obligation to players like Sears/Stevenson that are just in limbo right now? Do we have to hold their spot? Pretty sure we'd love to have both of these guys back but we also wanted Bediako back. CB's surprise move to remain in the draft and go undrafted left Bama without a big we desperately needed. This year we could have two similar situations.

The calendar needs to be adjusted to avoid these type situations. Doesn't make sense.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
FWIW…where I read about Stevenson, it said there were 195 guys who declared and 58 draft picks. Also said ESPN had Sears ranked 90th in the pool of those who declared.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
FWIW…where I read about Stevenson, it said there were 195 guys who declared and 58 draft picks. Also said ESPN had Sears ranked 90th in the pool of those who declared.
That seems a bit low but I also don’t think he is a first round pick. I know some comps have him to Brunson a bit but that clearly is a stretch. There was a guy from Purdue named Carson Edward’s who reminds me more of Sears actually. He was a 6’0 guard not great athleticism but shot well and made best of natural ability. He went mid 2nd round I believe and that seems like a good spot for Sears.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
That seems a bit low but I also don’t think he is a first round pick. I know some comps have him to Brunson a bit but that clearly is a stretch. There was a guy from Purdue named Carson Edward’s who reminds me more of Sears actually. He was a 6’0 guard not great athleticism but shot well and made best of natural ability. He went mid 2nd round I believe and that seems like a good spot for Sears.
We all know that all the proverbial “first round picks” that the talking heads proclaim, can’t be first rounders. And there’s sleepers no one ever heard of that take draft spots. I love Mark but he’s not first round material….yet. Any talking head that has said so is pandering or speaking out of emotions from a great play or game.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Saw a picture of him on Twitter eating with Oats late last night at Chuck's in TTown. Seems like they are doing everything to get him to commit. I'd love to see him commit and hear about Sears return today..
Sears will likely wait until after the combine to make a decision. I believe that runs from May 12 to May 19.

Reactions: BamaHoopsBoi

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Last edited:
Reactions: AlistarWills

Latest threads