Roster Management for 24-25

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I guess our attention now turns to Sears and Stevenson.

I expect Stevenson to get the news he wants but return. We could use him, especially his length. He was showing signs of getting more aggressive and more confident. I think he could have a big year next year.

If Sears returns, our offensive potential just goes thru the roof. I'm not sure how it'll go with the draft potential. I want what's best for his NBA hopes, but I kind hope they tell him to use another year at Bama to get better.

If these two become the final two spots we are gonna be cooking with gasoline next year.

If one or both don't come back, I'm assuming CNO goes portal shopping again. Wouldn't mind seeing another quality big in the 7 foot range in case of foul trouble. I'm not sure what CNO might do with the other opening because we are flush with 1-3s right now.

Reactions: BamaHoopsBoi

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And once this roster gets settled we are going to have some fun speculating on who'll start and what the rotation will look like.

If Sears and Stevenson both come back, we are looking at easily having 12-14 quality players in the rotation.

Minutes might be tight for some quality players!

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I guess our attention now turns to Sears and Stevenson.

I expect Stevenson to get the news he wants but return. We could use him, especially his length. He was showing signs of getting more aggressive and more confident. I think he could have a big year next year.

If Sears returns, our offensive potential just goes thru the roof. I'm not sure how it'll go with the draft potential. I want what's best for his NBA hopes, but I kind hope they tell him to use another year at Bama to get better.

If these two become the final two spots we are gonna be cooking with gasoline next year.

If one or both don't come back, I'm assuming CNO goes portal shopping again. Wouldn't mind seeing another quality big in the 7 foot range in case of foul trouble. I'm not sure what CNO might do with the other opening because we are flush with 1-3s right now.
I agree. I think we’ll stand pat until May 29. 80 percent chance Stevenson comes back, 10 percent Sears does.

ETA. Both of the combines these two are going to occur before May 29

Last edited:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I agree. I think we’ll stand pat until May 29. 80 percent chance Stevenson comes back, 10 percent Sears does.

ETA. Both of the combines these two are going to occur before May 29
I promise you that it is much larger than a 10% chance that Sears returns. That doesn't mean that he won't leave but, I actually think he comes back.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do wonder how he and Nelson will mesh. I think most agree GN was a 4, pressed into a 5 role. I'm sure Nate will work it out and coach them. Just wondering...

Reactions: Tidetwin

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Here's the kicker ... if Sears does come back, he doesn't have to be the guy on offense and he can just focus on the things needed to get him ready for the NBA and we would still have the potential to be a Final Four team.

Imo Cliff will be an even better complement to Grant and vice versa. Grant will be able to play a true stretch 4

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Here's the kicker ... if Sears does come back, he doesn't have to be the guy on offense and he can just focus on the things needed to get him ready for the NBA and we would still have the potential to be a Final Four team.

Imo Cliff will be an even better complement to Grant and vice versa. Grant will be able to play a true stretch 4
Without Sears, who is the big scorer?

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That is what Oats gets paid the big bucks for, answering the tough questions.

Regarding Sears, there’s not much he can do to improve his draft stock, but there’s also not much he can do to improve his draft stock. Stay in college another year, bank that NIL money, see what happens in the NBA next year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Technically we won't need a player to get 25+ points unless they are feeling it or it a missmatch. We will have at least 10 legit players that can score so we should be able to get 90 as a team which should get us a W on a majority of nights in the regular season.

Latest threads