Thread on Trump's removal of classified documents...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
To add, Peter Strzok tweeted the reason Trump has not been arrested yet is that may be this is a continuing crime...

I interpret this to mean that possibly top secret documents are already in the possession of a foreign adversary and are being used as a bargaining chip for Trump's protection or safe passage out of the country exempt from prosecution sort of like Julian Assange.

What do you do in this scenario? Suppose the foreign has a copy of our CIA NOC List? Do you jeopardize an entire agency for likely decades and possibly hundreds of lives?

Trump was very vocal about his disdain for our intelligence agencies which may in hindsight portend his divulging their secrets.

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't uncovered one that has our own nuclear secrets yet

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To add, Peter Strzok tweeted the reason Trump has not been arrested yet is that may be this is a continuing crime...

I interpret this to mean that possibly top secret documents are already in the possession of a foreign adversary and are being used as a bargaining chip for Trump's protection or safe passage out of the country exempt from prosecution sort of like Julian Assange.

What do you do in this scenario? Suppose the foreign has a copy of our CIA NOC List? Do you jeopardize an entire agency for likely decades and possibly hundreds of lives?

Trump was very vocal about his disdain for our intelligence agencies which may in hindsight portend his divulging their secrets.
Michel Cohen has surmised that exactly that kind of blackmail Trump had in mind. I agree. He's that low. He'll do anything to remain free, and this is his motherlode they want to take from him. Don't believe he doesn't have some dynamite secreted away. He had plenty of notice. After this last discovery, I just don't freaking understand how is MAGAt base can just overlook it and say it's just like Hillary's emails. The " American Stooge" (Mary Chapin Carpenter) was on TV saying it's all the same. Crazy!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
We figured out after 9/11 you can't deal with terrorists within the normal criminal jurisprudence. This is the same thing. You cant deal with anyone who is trafficking national security secrets within the normal criminal jurisprudence. Trump is an enemy of the state.

Michel Cohen has surmised that exactly that kind of blackmail Trump had in mind. I agree. He's that low. He'll do anything to remain free, and this is his motherlode they want to take from him. Don't believe he doesn't have some dynamite secreted away. He had plenty of notice. After this last discovery, I just don't freaking understand how is MAGAt base can just overlook it and say it's just like Hillary's emails. The " American Stooge" (Mary Chapin Carpenter) was on TV saying it's all the same. Crazy!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You know if you really think about it. Democracy in operation is the only thing keeping Trump alive and with influence. In an autocracy that he is not in charge of he would likely already be in prison or possibly even dead.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and seebell

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

“Before discussing the legal arguments, let’s focus on the strategic substance of the DOJ’s move. Combining the motion for stay and notice of appeal was a brilliant move by the DOJ that effectively offers Judge Cannon the opportunity to correct the most grievous error in her order appointing a special master. After the unprecedented drubbing that Judge Cannon has taken over her incoherent and lawless order, she would be wise to grant the DOJ’s motion, thereby allowing the DOJ to use the classified documents in its criminal investigation”

“Trump’s attorneys must therefore state their position on the DOJ’s request for a stay by Friday, September 9, 2022. Trump’s attorneys have already told the DOJ that Trump opposes its request for a stay. It will be interesting to hear why Trump’s attorneys oppose the ability of the DOJ to use classified documents that belong to the United States.”

“Finally, in a little discussed document, the DOJ also filed a motion to unseal a report regarding the FBI’s “filter process.” In that filing, the DOJ said that it applied a very broad filter to protect documents potentially subject to the attorney-client privilege and that it has offered to give copies of those documents to Trump. See Motion to Unseal Status Report re Filter Process.

Combined with the motion to stay and notice of appeal, the offer to unseal the report regarding the filter process puts Trump in the untenable position of asking the Court to maintain secrecy over the FBI’s review process—the opposite of Trump’s public position demanding transparency”.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Can I be blunt here and say the ONLY thing that surprises me is......I'm not surprised?

A VERY liberal friend of mine (the kind who thinks we should exhume the Rosenbergs and pay them reparations) and I were texting and I disclosed that thing about the NYT timeline and the deaths of informants and she texted me saying, "You don't think he'd stoop as far as murder do you?"

I let that hang in the air and about five minutes later she texted, "Well, look whom I'm talking about, but you'd think there'd be a line even for him."

I was actually glad even she as a hard liberal was willing to entertain "well surely there's a line somewhere he won't cross," but there isn't.

I don't think he'd ever personally pull the trigger of a gun UNLESS he was cornered and felt it the only way out; he'd get someone else to do it. He is the most effeminate President in US history, just to be blunt about it. (Quite frankly, I wish Mattis would have knocked him unconscious).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So that special master thing is going well for Trump. lol
You just had to chuckle. They're forced to drop the declassification argument totally, whereupon the master just accepts the designation of the DOJ. There's one fly in the ointment. This judge, Ms. Cannon, is very much in Trump's corner. She even tried to make sure the case would slow down enough so as not to harm the Republicans in the November elections. The master is working to defeat that, by setting shorter deadlines. In her courtroom, she reigns supreme and the reins are in her hands. She is free to ignore the master's findings. Of course, she would lose face and reputation, but that doesn't seem to matter to her...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
You just had to chuckle. They're forced to drop the declassification argument totally, whereupon the master just accepts the designation of the DOJ. There's one fly in the ointment. This judge, Ms. Cannon, is very much in Trump's corner. She even tried to make sure the case would slow down enough so as not to harm the Republicans in the November elections. The master is working to defeat that, by setting shorter deadlines. In her courtroom, she reigns supreme and the reins are in her hands. She is free to ignore the master's findings. Of course, she would lose face and reputation, but that doesn't seem to matter to her...
How will the appeal impact her control of the case? I assume that the appeal is moving forward and that the Justice Department responded to the Special Master that their intent would be to appeal it further to the Supreme Court if they receive and adverse ruling in the Court of Appeals. Of course I would think that is a positioning statement.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How will the appeal impact her control of the case? I assume that the appeal is moving forward and that the Justice Department responded to the Special Master that their intent would be to appeal it further to the Supreme Court if they receive and adverse ruling in the Court of Appeals. Of course I would think that is a positioning statement.
They are appealing as a matter of principle, to foreclose like more cases like this. They are pursuing a double track. The interesting ruling would be if the 11th set aside the portion of the ruling establishing the special master...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and Padreruf

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I mean I don't have a legal background, but I'm getting way too much satisfaction watching this show of incompetence (the legal team and the judge) blow up spectacularly in Trump's face. The fact that this guy was hand selected by Trump's legal team is the icing on the cake.

I'm sure you find it even more amusing with your background.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I mean I don't have a legal background, but I'm getting way too much satisfaction watching this show of incompetence (the legal team and the judge) blow up spectacularly in Trump's face. The fact that this guy was hand selected by Trump's legal team is the icing on the cake.

I'm sure you find it even more amusing with your background.
I know it’s bad form to enjoy someone else’s misfortune, but I’m going to wallow in it and try to make amends later.

I remember watching the two towers burning on 9-11, a fire on upper floors in both buildings. The tv coverage was steady and then to everyone’s astonishment, each building one by one just collapsed into a pile of smoking rubble.

I suspect Trump is in the smoking building stage now, I wouldn’t be surprised at another spectacular collapse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.