Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
You think it is just the youth? Or is it most of America, regardless of age?
I will admit that I spend way too much time staring at screens...mostly for work...but I waste a lot of downtime on them too.

The "idiot box" used to be relegated to the living room...now we carry it around with us in our pocket.

But I can also leave my house without it (and do that on purpose a lot of the time) and I can survive without it for long periods of time.

Then again, I will also do the unthinkable and read a book from time to time.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I will admit that I spend way too much time staring at screens...mostly for work...but I waste a lot of downtime on them too.

The "idiot box" used to be relegated to the living room...now we carry it around with us in our pocket.

But I can also leave my house without it (and do that on purpose a lot of the time) and I can survive without it for long periods of time.

A book? What's that? :D

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Last edited:
Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can no longer keep up.
I don't even try.

I stopped following regular HS recruiting years ago because I just couldn't take all the theatrics anymore and the last second flips after stringing a school along for months or years.

Now guys that are already on campus for months or years can just bolt at seemingly anytime with no deterrents.

All of it is just straight about sacks of $100 bills with no attempt at hiding any of it.

I hate all of this and what the Portal and NIL has done to CFB.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
I don't even try.

I stopped following regular HS recruiting years ago because I just couldn't take all the theatrics anymore and the last second flips after stringing a school along for months or years.

Now guys that are already on campus for months or years can just bolt at seemingly anytime with no deterrents.

All of it is just straight about sacks of $100 bills with no attempt at hiding any of it.

I hate all of this and what the Portal and NIL has done to CFB.
I think solution is APR tightening and making it tougher for them graduate on flimsy majors
put the college back in "college athletics"

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think solution is APR tightening and making it tougher for them graduate on flimsy majors
put the college back in "college athletics"
We’re not going to see many graduations in the future…classes don’t all transfer to new schools…3 year max for top players…looking a bit like CBB w/the one and dones…

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

What is a "book"...? :unsure: ;)

EDIT: Krymsonman beat me to it.:D

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
We’re not going to see many graduations in the future…classes don’t all transfer to new schools…3 year max for top players…looking a bit like CBB w/the one and dones…
As far as I know, the APR requirement is still in effect...:unsure:

Reactions: The Ols

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The real solution should be SACS but they are a sad joke. NC proved that there is no intrinsic value to a college degree.
SACS has even less authority than the NZAA. They couldn't touch awbern because the barn lawyered up...:rolleyes:

Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads