What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country? (ETA - and why is rucking the best answer? :) ) Part II

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
"Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it."
- Mike Tyson

Hope y'all continue to grind!
going to hike and bike this weekend. don't know what I am doing each day, but I will figure it out. All I know is it will be by myself because my coworkers and friends either don't want me there or are lazy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hiked East Palisades yesterday and Cochran Shoals today. decided not to bike and I might just only bike weekdays and make hiking my weekend thing. biking sucks on weekends because of the number of idiots that do not know trail etiquette. STAY OUT OF MY WAY!
i used to run all over that area when i was doing a lot of trail running. a lot of fun, and challenging trails, especially on the east pallisades side

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
hiked East Palisades yesterday and Cochran Shoals today. decided not to bike and I might just only bike weekdays and make hiking my weekend thing. biking sucks on weekends because of the number of idiots that do not know trail etiquette. STAY OUT OF MY WAY!
have you heard of this project?

the plan is to connect the river corridor from buford dam to troup county (beginning of west point lake)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
have you heard of this project?

the plan is to connect the river corridor from buford dam to troup county (beginning of west point lake)
cool, had not heard about this one. I know they are trying to connect all the bike trails. Silver Comet. Chattahoochee, and beltline all connected. Basically you would be able to bike from Truist all the way to Mercedes Benz Stadium. Supposed to be done in time for the World Cup

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
cool, had not heard about this one. I know they are trying to connect all the bike trails. Silver Comet. Chattahoochee, and beltline all connected. Basically you would be able to bike from Truist all the way to Mercedes Benz Stadium. Supposed to be done in time for the World Cup
i saw where they have laid a decent amount of the connector trail on the cobb side of the atlanta road bridge and they have started prepping some of the trail going north from huff road along ellsworth industrial. it's going to be nice when they get it connected.

i can now get from my house in east point to the proctor creek trail on the other side of the bellwood quarry with only a few miles of road, and that is mostly going through neighborhoods to hook-up with the beltline at lee and white.

they are working on a really cool elevated section of trail connecting washington park to the westside connector, at maddox park. you can sort of ride the route now on the overgrown railbed, but you have to get a little creative to connect it. i don't know if they will have the bridge completed by the world cup, but they seem to be making some good progress on it.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My new guru is Paul Attia, MD -- look him up. His podcasts are wonderful and packed with info. He is big into weight lifting, cardio, eating right, and yes, rucking.

Anyway, I started January 1 lifting weights -- Nautilus machines -- and walking 3-5 miles per day. I have now lost 20 pounds but put on several pounds of muscle. I look like I've lost 40 pounds -- have lost 3+ inches around my waist. All of this @ age 73. I walked 18 holes today -- 6 miles -- and had a great time.

My next challenge is rucking...one son who does that said for me to take my back pack and load it up with my heaviest books and go walking. Sounds like a good idea!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My new guru is Paul Attia, MD -- look him up. His podcasts are wonderful and packed with info. He is big into weight lifting, cardio, eating right, and yes, rucking.

Anyway, I started January 1 lifting weights -- Nautilus machines -- and walking 3-5 miles per day. I have now lost 20 pounds but put on several pounds of muscle. I look like I've lost 40 pounds -- have lost 3+ inches around my waist. All of this @ age 73. I walked 18 holes today -- 6 miles -- and had a great time.

My next challenge is rucking...one son who does that said for me to take my back pack and load it up with my heaviest books and go walking. Sounds like a good idea!!!
Start light and build up. It is harder on you shoulders and neck than you might realize. Great job, and good luck with the rucking.

Latest threads