News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

if that is true, then that was real bad move by Barnett family. Who is he going to beat out for a job unless he goes to Oregon? all he had to do was get graduate degree and then transfer somewhere. Barnett at some point will realize that what he did was dumb and it cost him lot of network connections down the road.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This makes even less sense now.

He had 1 1/2 years to learn and win the job here, and couldn't. Yet he plans to presumably walk in to a Power 5 team next summer, win the job, sit out 4 games, then start?

How disillusioned can you be?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Just checked TAMU's QB depth. It's very, very weak. 3* and 2* Freshmen are the only returning QBs that had any stars. They have two QBs committed in 2017 (#3 dual threat and a 3* guy).

Check their schedule. Not the easiest but not the worse schedule in the month of September.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

There's a lot about this departure which simply can't be posted here. However, I think that, if it could, I believe that all Bama fans would breathe a sigh of relief. There are some situations which just can't be fixed. This was one of them...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

There's a lot about this departure which simply can't be posted here. However, I think that, if it could, I believe that all Bama fans would breathe a sigh of relief. There are some situations which just can't be fixed. This was one of them...
Such as stupid??

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I appreciate the nuggets of information about this. It should make everyone feel that this happened for a reason and will be in our best interest.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Such as stupid??

Or maybe "mommy dearest"? (Shame on me for saying that.)

In any case, he is probably better off staying out there, on the left coast. A return to SEC country could result in an even bigger case of butt-hurt. In more ways than one.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I was a big fan of Blake Barnett. I slowly began to appreciate Hurts and by the time he saw the field I completely understood why he needed to be the guy. Having said that, I never thought ill of Blake at all and wanted the best for him. I was resigned to the likelihood of his transferring after next year (so he had two full years of eligibility at another school, as a graduate transfer), or even the possibility of his transferring after the end of the season so he could sit out a year with the team he wanted to play for. I thought it unlikely he'd sit around to possibly play one year after Hurts left.

But, the way he left? The time he left? That changed things completely. With some insight into the matter that clarifies things, but I didn't really need that. Someone with good character, a true leader, does not quit like that, period. Yes, may be he finds some team willing to give him the game 5 start, but I'll tell you this now, that's a recipe for disaster. Right now he looks as much like Mitch Mustain as a future NFLer.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Now, it's someone else's soap opera...
Just be glad that we're not dealing with it anymore. Now, I have a question to ask for everyone. Maybe RTR might answer this one. Is it possible that coaches probably reached out to Coach saban about Blake Barnett and Saban voiced his concerns and how it went down, to where teams might just be nervous about offering a scholarship?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Just want to ask a question out of curiosity. Down the line after he finishes his college days and moves on in life. Whether that be the NFL or anything else. Would that be enough distance and time removed from now for you guys with the inside scoop to let the cat out of the bag on what went down specifically.

I know you don't want to burn your info sources but there are so many conflicting rumors and insinuations. Like some say it was the Dad causing problems and making demands/threats. Some say it was the Mom. Some say Blake wasn't involved yet some say he was and working with his parents to find an out. Some say ALL these things are true. It would just be nice at some point to hear the true story.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Just want to ask a question out of curiosity. Down the line after he finishes his college days and moves on in life. Whether that be the NFL or anything else. Would that be enough distance and time removed from now for you guys with the inside scoop to let the cat out of the bag on what went down specifically.

I know you don't want to burn your info sources but there are so many conflicting rumors and insinuations. Like some say it was the Dad causing problems and making demands/threats. Some say it was the Mom. Some say Blake wasn't involved yet some say he was and working with his parents to find an out. Some say ALL these things are true. It would just be nice at some point to hear the true story.
Hmmm.. Some things aren't worth discussing it...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

By then I will no longer care. I wouldn't mind hearing about it from Earle over a beer right now, but it isn't that big a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I read on a Saturday Down South article where aTm had already started contact with him. But you can't always trust that site. It's gotten so hit and miss and full of junk over the past few years it's pitiful.
I read that as well. There are a few other articles that use his HS coach as a source, stating that Oregon, Cal, and Washington have "expressed interest". Michigan State is apparently interested as well.

A&M is the only one characterized as having contacted him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.