BREAKING Auburn-Mississippi State postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So if it is postponed until Dec 12th and the Bama-Whos game potentially postponed, when is the SECCG scheduled again...? :unsure:

Reactions: Islander

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"If a team determines there is another reason it cannot play a game, the school may request the game be rescheduled by presenting the reasons for changing the game date, including the total number of unavailable players. Sankey would then decide whether to reschedule the game or, if this option is not possible, declare the game no contest."

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
If Bama vs LSU gets cancelled/postponed, is it possible the conference might look at which of the LSU/Florida or LSU/Bama games have the greater impact on the conference championship game race and then opt to play that game on December 12th?

I'm thinking UGA might want Florida to play and possibly take another loss while TAM would want Bama to play if we lost a game somewhere else and they stood to win the west.

Point being there might be a very good reason that one game might be more important than the other. I'd rather have the week off before the SECCG but we are living in strange times.

• Thank You
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
The SECCG date is set in stone.
I've seen some online noise, which is always suspect, about some of these make up games of no significance as to the participants in the SECCG, being ALSO played on the 19th of December. Like I said, noise, and unnecessary. After seeing the injuries in FLA/GA last weekend, and our own injury against Tennessee that has ended the college career of Jaylen Waddle, any games that are played need to have some bigger picture significance. Anything involving Alabama and Texas A&M in the west, as they are really the only two in play right now. Frankly, Florida could take the rest off. They have 1 loss, but they own the tie breaker against the #2 team in the East, who has 2 losses now. Realistically, Florida CAN'T take the rest off, but they can clinch sometime in the next couple weeks. LSU/Florida rematch on the 12th, therefore, has no importance. Cancel it.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Auburn now has 9 players and 3 coaches test positive after the bye week. Plus contact tracing quarantine. They had not had any positives since mid September, until now.

Looks like the bye weeks have resulted in cases for each team now. I hope Bama is not affected too bad. Should know by today or tomorrow I guess.

Reactions: B1GTide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Auburn now has 9 players and 3 coaches test positive after the bye week. Plus contact tracing quarantine. They had not had any positives since mid September, until now.

Looks like the bye weeks have resulted in cases for each team now. I hope Bama is not affected too bad. Should know by today or tomorrow I guess.
Good grief. Should NEVER have left campus. Period. I'll be shocked if we don't also have cases, but I know how Coach Saban drills things into these guys so hopefully they were extremely careful.

You don't get Covid from playing the games. I think we can safely say that now. It is at least extremely rare. But when people venture out of their "bubble" and get careless, that's when it happens and it derails everything you've spent all this time working to protect.

I get it... it's just sports and these guys are still young and certainly don't owe me anything. BUT, I'm also not in need of playing games to audition for a potential NFL roster spot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Good grief. Should NEVER have left campus. Period. I'll be shocked if we don't also have cases, but I know how Coach Saban drills things into these guys so hopefully they were extremely careful.

You don't get Covid from playing the games. I think we can safely say that now. It is at least extremely rare. But when people venture out of their "bubble" and get careless, that's when it happens and it derails everything you've spent all this time working to protect.

I get it... it's just sports and these guys are still young and certainly don't owe me anything. BUT, I'm also not in need of playing games to audition for a potential NFL roster spot.
To clarify - Covid has not been spread from team to team in games because testing has kept infected players off the field - so far. But all it takes is a false negative test to change that.

Reactions: Con
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.