Late Father's Day Gift from my son

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My son came to visit this weekend and brought me some Father Day gifts. Among them was the Daniel Moore print of Tyler Watts "Running Through the T."

I didn't know it, but according to Moore's website: In 2002, Quarterback Tyler Watts led the Alabama team to victory over the Tennessee Volunteers in front of a hostile Knoxville crowd, ending a seven-year dry spell for Bama. This print shows Watt's Running Through the Tennessee defenders to score a touchdown. His face mirrors the exhilaration of winning one on the road. Watts was a player whom Coach Bryant would have deemed truly worthy to wear the Crimson and White uniform. Coincidentally, both played against Tennessee with broken bones. Bryant's was in his leg and Watts in his foot. In his post-game interview, Watts said, My foot hurt so badbut I was bound and determined.that I was going to play as long as I could-until I either made it through the gameor until the thing brokewho cares?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Was curious and looked it up......very cool!

Running Through the T
commemorates the Tide's 2002 victory over the Tennessee Vols in Knoxville. Tyler Watts led Alabama on a game- winning drive that night culminating in a stunning 34-14 victory in front of a very disappointed orange and white home crowd. The win for Alabama snapped a seven-year losing streak to Tennessee.
f_running_through_T.jpg

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
My son came to visit this weekend and brought me some Father Day gifts. Among them was the Daniel Moore print of Tyler Watts "Running Through the T."

I didn't know it, but according to Moore's website: In 2002, Quarterback Tyler Watts led the Alabama team to victory over the Tennessee Volunteers in front of a hostile Knoxville crowd, ending a seven-year dry spell for Bama. This print shows Watt's Running Through the Tennessee defenders to score a touchdown. His face mirrors the exhilaration of winning one on the road. Watts was a player whom Coach Bryant would have deemed truly worthy to wear the Crimson and White uniform. Coincidentally, both played against Tennessee with broken bones. Bryant's was in his leg and Watts in his foot. In his post-game interview, Watts said, My foot hurt so badbut I was bound and determined.that I was going to play as long as I could-until I either made it through the gameor until the thing brokewho cares?
They make Daniel Moore paintings for beating Tennessee???…..blue font…just kidding. I remember in 2002 beating Tennessee was a bigger deal to me than beating auburn. Man how things were different 20 years ago. Unpopular opinion but I liked franchione’s offense. Not in a “I think it would work today” way. Just in “that offense made college football fun” way. Amazing win.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They make Daniel Moore paintings for beating Tennessee???…..blue font…just kidding. I remember in 2002 beating Tennessee was a bigger deal to me than beating auburn. Man how things were different 20 years ago. Unpopular opinion but I liked franchione’s offense. Not in a “I think it would work today” way. Just in “that offense made college football fun” way. Amazing win.
Yep, some of the bandwagon fans from the last 15 years have no idea of the struggle of being a Bama fan for much of the 80's thru the early 2000's.

I lived in east TN during the early to mid 90's right after the 92' NC. Those were the Peyton Manning years and beating UT was a difficult thing. This print marked the 7 year losing streak that dated back to 1995 when PM directed the band in Rocky Top after the game.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Good stuff. Love Tyler Watts! He can give you a good insurance quote as well :LOL:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.