Per CBS, BY has an AC sprain

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Gonna be a lot of soreness for a long time if he doesn't rest. Took me about 4 months to recover (with some PT) with the same injury but I'm 53 and he's early 20's and a crazy freak athlete. He needs at least a week or two.

I am ok with Milroe starting and finishing against A&M. Full confidence in a win like 59-0 with Jalen in.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Threshold injury, how much pain can he play through will determine his return. Had one 8 million years ago when I was playing.

Reactions: theballguy

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
AJ McCarron said he's had it and they will likely give him a shot and let him play through pain.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Gonna be a lot of soreness for a long time if he doesn't rest. Took me about 4 months to recover (with some PT) with the same injury but I'm 53 and he's early 20's and a crazy freak athlete. He needs at least a week or two.

I am ok with Milroe starting and finishing against A&M. Full confidence in a win like 59-0 with Jalen in.
Mine was nearly a year but I think they have degrees to the level of sprain. My doc said it would take almost a full year to be 100% and he was about dead on to the day. It was only certain angles that it flared but when it did……wooooweeeee

Reactions: theballguy

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Here is a video clip from the Coach Saban post game interview…

Well I tried to post the video but he said mild minor AC sprain, trust me much better than a tear or full separation etc…also found it interesting that he said that he has had these before and usually only takes a couple of days for him to get better also did not go back into the game and play because he had no real zip on the ball…going to try to post the video

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have had the same injury and it took a lot more than a week to recover. Now granted I also broke my collarbone at the same time, so probably not the best comparison.

Reactions: Padreruf

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If we can get thru the next 3 games, we have an Open Week.
Of Course that would be against TAMU, TENN, and Miss State.
No pushovers there...

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
The gentleman that walked with Bryce into the tent is Dr. Lyle Cain, an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in orthopaedic sports medicine. You would be hard pressed to find a better ortho/sports doc in the world, especially regarding shoulders. Just trust me Bryce is in great hands.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If we can get thru the next 3 games, we have an Open Week.
Of Course that would be against TAMU, TENN, and Miss State.
No pushovers there...
I'm not too concerned about TAMU now even if we play Milroe since TAMU has not shown me anything on offense. They scored 14 against App State, 17 vs. Miami and 23 vs. Arkansas. Our defense should hold them in the 14-21 range and I think we can beat that total with Milroe. Now Tenn. is a different story since we will need points there but I think Bryce will recover in 2 weeks.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The gentleman that walked with Bryce into the tent is Dr. Lyle Cain, an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in orthopaedic sports medicine. You would be hard pressed to find a better ortho/sports doc in the world, especially regarding shoulders. Just trust me Bryce is in great hands.
Never a doubt on that. The docs plus the training staff are as good as it gets. That, plus CNS`s comments, plus the fact that Bryce certainly didn`t appear concerned makes me optimistic for a quick return. Maybe by UT.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.