The truth about Operation Red Dog

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Operation Red Dog was an attempted smear campaign started on ITAT. Once AU85Grad caught wind there may be some legal issues and arrests against those participating in this slander he was advised to write this and separate himself from the culprits. Earle knows more about this than I can remember besides the illegal use of DMV.

#
"AU85Grad:
Not sure how I am supposed to say all this but I have been advised that I needed to set the story straight given the past few weeks of revelations. The history of the rumors about the gumps and Gadsden:

1) This started when JH went to Alabama at the last minute instead of AU. A coach of his had ensured AU staff that he was headed to AU and not Alabama. He was aware of what AU had offered JH and his mother stuff and possibly knew that JH mom had taped AU's offer. He still felt AU was his choice. JH put on the Alabama hat and the crap hit the fan at AU. Our staff called the coach and asked him what happened and he said he did not know but would have to guess that Alabama "countered" AU's offer. He never said he knew that Alabama had cheated but that he guessed that took place. After this, he asked JH why he went to Alabama and he said that if he went to AU he thought his eligibility might have been revoked if the NCAA found out about AU's offer. JH said Alabama and MSST both played it straight with him and his mom and that is why he went to Alabama.

2) This incident led the AU staff to believe that they lost out on the bidding for JH and they told people that Alabama had cheated. At this point, the coach could not get the corrected story out there fast enough. Irontiger knows this coach and was told the first story about how the coach thought Alabama cheated. Later, irontiger was told that Alabama did not commit infractions but he had already started his own rumors and his reputation grew as well as his imagination.

3) Irontiger then brought in a few of us to help spread the rumors- myself (ITAT name withheld) sherpa88, troopT and a few others and then koury. I dropped out about three months ago when I found out they had hired a PI that might have broken some laws and when I confronted iron about it he said they would send the information anonymously and no one could trace it back to him. The problem is his big mouth and he could not stop talking about it - then everyone found out about operation red dog and who was in it. After I dropped out koury joined the inside board back in March of this year as the repeat and sounding board of irontiger. The plan was simple: irontiger would start the thread and a few of us would join in and then someone would come back and verify everything irontiger has said was truthful- that is koury's job now.

4) During the past 16 months this has been going on. The MO was to stay the same in every area. Charge that recruits got new cars- Mobile was escalades and Gadsden was chargers. Start new rumors along the way about booster infractions, enticements and other benefits as much as we can. The most effective thing that irontiger came up with was that when any Alabama player does something immediately tie it to an infraction. If julio and mark goes fishing a booster paid for it- it was really simple. If KK got a car immediately say a booster paid for it even though in this case they knew for sure it came from his mothers college fund for him.

Now everyone knows how this happened. Now to the why.

We all knew that CTT and staff were not going to be effective against Miles, Saban, Richt and Meyer. We had to negate one of them and the easiest one was to hit Saban. We choose him due to his proximity and volatility of our rivalry with Alabama. We all really thought CNS was cheating a little (secondary type stuff) and thought if we can keep enough rumors churning we could get the NCAA to investigate or at the least keep a few recruits away from Alabama. Irontiger knew this would work and said, "the idiot masses on ITAT will believe any rumor we put out about Alabama because they want to believe it"! I was skeptical until I saw the masses believing every rumor even as our gang accidentally got the rumors incorrect many times- types of cars, colors and amounts of cash. Each time we told the rumor it seemed to grow and our fanbase kept believing every one of them until Michael14 and Austudent22 caught on to us and called us out for it.

You will see more revelations about this coming from multiple boards as they have started figuring out that 4-5 posters on ITAT started all these rumors. Once it went so far I told irontiger that coaches at these schools were being implicated as cheaters from the AU fanbase and that we should call it off and he said those Alabama coaches were a-holes and he did not care if they got called cheaters. I told him that they weren't cheaters and that they had started calling into AU's athletic department complaining about. When the PIs and reporters showed up and questioned these high school coaches about cheating for Alabama they wrote AU off. This really hit the fan around March of 2009 and that is when I left irons group. I know for a fact that irons rumors cost us 2 recruits last year (one four star and one 5 star) because the coaches at there school were called cheaters by the rumors started on ITAT. Our 2009 recruiting efforts were dramatically hurt by these rumors and 2010 is looking just as bad for instate recruits.

I stayed on the fringe until last week when the PTB at AU sent word to me and irontiger that it had to stop. Irontiger stopped for a day or so and then started rehashing it all over again. He has troopT and koury doing the heavy posting now and he just "supports" the rumors instead of "initiating" them. If our own posters knew just how stupid irontiger said they were they would not follow his rumors any more.

Now, I have completed the task I was advised to do. Once PF gets to the bottom of this and the package that iron put together it will turn litigious."
0Share0Email7Share7

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
Wow, just wow. These guys should be investigated and sued. Another shining example of how unhealthy the rivalry is for some people. Is this a recent confession? Is there any hope of these guys getting what they deserve?

Irontiger knew this would work and said, "the idiot masses on ITAT will believe any rumor we put out about Alabama because they want to believe it"!
Doesn't think too highly of his fellow AU fans does he? I thought all AU fans were super intelligent and graduates, why would such intellectual super stars believe this nonsense?

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Wow! They have the little brother syndrome something auwful to go through those lengths. I personally know quite a few barn graduates. Most are okay individuals, but there are a few that definitely got brain washed down on the plains. I really feel sorry for them.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
The original post is one of the more intriguing I've seen in awhile. I'll echo elDee's question... Has the original AU85Grad epistle just recently been posted somewhere... or was it posted months ago and has been in the public eye already... or was it posted months ago but just now came to light? If the latter, I wonder how it stayed hidden so long...

I'm certainly not an attorney, but it seems to me some HS coaches might be able to go after some Auburn boosters for Defamation of Character...

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
I notice the time reference seem to indicate that this was written a while ago ("... 2010 is looking..."). Any idea when this was written and what actions have taken place since?

ncbama

Suspended
Jun 1, 2003
Albemarle NC
Folks,
This post is ridiculous! Where does this information come from? A first rule in journalism is "CHECK YOUR SOURCES." Who is AU85grad?
I read all that crap about Gadsden on the Auburn Scout message board and could not believe how gullible those Auburn people were. They WANTED desperately for something to pin on us in Gadsden, but obviously nothing materialized. I wanted to post rebuttals, but I have been banned from the Auburn board for a long, long time.
Now, are we doing the same thing. We have this long "confession" with no documentation whatsoever. Anybody could have written and posted that. Why are our mods not pulling this for "rumor"?
I can believe what was written, but we need more documentation than putting something in "quotes" with no backup.
Let's not become what we accuse the Auburn fans of being. Or, let's get some documentation.

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC
So I am guessing that this is what Earl has alluded to on occasion. Makes sense.

Can't say I am suprised, although it is discouraging that message board posters would take something that far.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
Just curious, the indictments sound like some of Operation Red Dog, but how do we know that's what it relates to? Also, this is the indictment, anyone know the resolution of the cases, e.g. have they gone to trial, were they convicted, pled out, etc.?

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Going further, the reason this isn't a "rumor" is because there are actual arrests made into this. Now, I don't know if this is even remotely an NCAA issue; that said, it certainly showcases a mindset very apparent upon the plains. Just glancing at their board I saw several threads decrying the man who is supposed to be on HBO's special as being paid by the REC to say those things.

Going back to the original post, I did find confirmation that at least one of the individuals listed was found guilty.

123people result for http://www.acjic.alabama.gov/news/05042010.pdf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.