Link: 'Oppressed' Kaepernick acting like a punk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I guess if Tom Brady did the anthem protest the Patriots would keep him just because he's white.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
There's outrage over it all. The absolute obliviousness of kneeling and disrespecting the very symbol of what you're trying to achieve in a country befuddles me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He is conducting a civil, non-violent protest by exercising his freedom of speech. Isn't freedom what the flag represents? If all the snowflakes didn't get their feelings hurt, nobody would even know he was doing it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You get the point. Seemingly, some cannot wrap themselves around that. It's like free speech. One side thinks the other shouldn't have it. ITS FREE SPEECH!
Actually, as an employee, he has zero right to free speech. If the owner wants to fire / fine / whatever for this as he considers it a disruption, he has every right to do so. I suspect there's something in every NFL contract about this.

On your own time you can do what you want - when you are at work, your 'free speech' doesn't exist. I'd likely have fired him if he continued after the first time, and it has nothing to do with what he was protesting - it has everything to do with him being at work and focusing on his job. I don't pay people to be activists.

People also need to realize that the first amendment (aka 'free speech') only applies to the government.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He is conducting a civil, non-violent protest by exercising his freedom of speech. Isn't freedom what the flag represents? If all the snowflakes didn't get their feelings hurt, nobody would even know he was doing it.
I'm not bothered by it, but as I said above, if he worked for me I'd put an end to it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm not bothered by it, but as I said above, if he worked for me I'd put an end to it.
I understand and don't blame you for not wanting the distraction.

But it comes down to talent. Michael Vick went to prison for killing dogs and he got a job. What Vick did was a lot worse, but teams overlooked that and handled all the backlash that came with it.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

But it comes down to talent. Michael Vick went to prison for killing dogs and he got a job. What Vick did was a lot worse, but teams overlooked that and handled all the backlash that came with it.

The NFL fanbase is disproportionately white, male, christian, and conservative. Anything that offends them hurts the bottom line.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Las Vegas PD are coming out pretty hard against this. Even released a letter to the NFL asking them to investigate Bennett for lying about it. Clay Travis has an article with a few of the things disputing Bennett's claims on his website. Can't link because of language.
Wow. Hopefully the truth does come out, either way.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yes but only because unlike CK, Vick could actually play football.....that case right there proves that his rejection stems from his football talent or lack thereof.

Actually, as an employee, he has zero right to free speech. If the owner wants to fire / fine / whatever for this as he considers it a disruption, he has every right to do so. I suspect there's something in every NFL contract about this.

On your own time you can do what you want - when you are at work, your 'free speech' doesn't exist. I'd likely have fired him if he continued after the first time, and it has nothing to do with what he was protesting - it has everything to do with him being at work and focusing on his job. I don't pay people to be activists.

People also need to realize that the first amendment (aka 'free speech') only applies to the government.
I don't know about that. He has the same right his employer does. That's the thing to me. NFL doesn't have policy against that, in effect he really isn't doing anything. I don't see him as an activist at all. He may claim to be but he hasn't done anything but take a knee. So, yeah he does, but if he wants to keep his job he should not do things.

He doesn't have freedom of something happening to him though.

Another thing, with what you say free speech on your own time really doesn't apply anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.