Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article Washington recap: Ugly win sends Bama to title game

Washington recap: Ugly win sends Bama to title game
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    December 31st, 2016 10:53 PM

Another year, another lopsided victory in a national semifinal. Back in the 1980s, Alabama chopped up the old Astroturf at Bryant-Denny Stadium and sold off squares of it as souvenirs. Alabama fans would like the same opportunity to buy a piece of Georgia Dome history, given Alabama’s […]

Read More Here
    Last edited by BamaNation; January 1st, 2017 at 08:18 PM.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame NationalTitles16's Avatar

Re: Washington recap: Ugly win sends Bama to title game

Great post-game, as always. Browning looked beat in the second quarter. The refs let this one get away from them. Clemson is going to be a tough out.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Thanks Jess. Great stats that show what dominance Bama is showing the world. It truly is amazing. This is the 2nd game in a row that officials have let get out of hand. Those aimed at Reuben could have been career enders which is why the guys went nuts. And if there was anyone who will stick up for his boys it's Ronnie Harrison. He had the best view and he went bonkers. I know on the field of play that could be problematic but in an alley I'd sure welcome it.

I'm thinking CLK's playcalling led to the problems with the OL. THey just never got into rhythm save for the 98 yard drive which I think was where the game was essentially over. It was a statement that said we will run over you!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Good as usual. One more to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation First Team

tonights offense looked like lane kifens opportunity to get even with saban. such a poorly called offensive game plan. made hurts a key cog running the ball. most of the time Jalen could not pass because he was being rushed like mad. the offensive line was out of tune all night. it is a shame such good receivers going to waste. especially ridley and stewart. have one week to get ready for a fired up Clemson team ready for the kill. we better get the offense squared away fast.

The layoff seemed to hurt Jalen more than help. Reminded me of the LSU game in Death Valley. I predict he will have a much better game the 9th.

BamaNation First Team

Thanks Jess. Another good review. A lot of posters on here complained about LK play calling, but the game plan was approved by CNS. Execution was the problem, not play calling.

BamaNation First Team

Jess da best

Great read. This was the first game this year Bo played without a knee brace and he played great. I don't know about the play calling but it did seem like we would run the ball very well and then go away from it and shoot ourselves in the foot. Ref's I think played a large part in this game also. They were very quick to call delay of game even when it seemed we may have gotten the play off on time. CNS even pointed it out on the first delay penalty. CNS said at half time we wanted to run the ball in while keeping the speed of the game moving. I know you have to mix up your palys but when something is working really well, like Bo running the ball, why go away from it until they really stop it. If CLK is going to call the next game this way maybe he should just leave today and let CSS take over. RTR

Quote Originally Posted by bamanix View Post
    tonights offense looked like lane kifens opportunity to get even with saban. such a poorly called offensive game plan. made hurts a key cog running the ball. most of the time Jalen could not pass because he was being rushed like mad. the offensive line was out of tune all night. it is a shame such good receivers going to waste. especially ridley and stewart. have one week to get ready for a fired up Clemson team ready for the kill. we better get the offense squared away fast.
    at least in my view, almost all of our offensive woes started with the o-line. they seemed sluggish and off all night.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar

Hi, y'all.

Great read and great analysis. I totally agree with No. 5 in that the officiating crew lost control. Another Big 10 fail to go with the Buckeyes' face-plant.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Hi, y'all.

Great read and great analysis. I totally agree with No. 5 in that the officiating crew lost control. Another Big 10 fail to go with the Buckeyes' face-plant.
    I wonder who the refs will be for the championship game? Hopefully not from the Big 10, but if so, at least get some decent ones. You know they will be pulling for Clemson as much as they can get away with it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame NationalTitles16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I wonder who the refs will be for the championship game? Hopefully not from the Big 10, but if so, at least get some decent ones. You know they will be pulling for Clemson as much as they can get away with it.
    Big12
    Roll Tide Roll!!!