Top 5 Best and Worst Comic Book Movies

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think there is plenty of comic book fans so i think we can do a top 5 best and worst rankings on the genre. the only rule is that the movie has to have come to theaters.

Worst

#5: Punisher War Zone

#4 Green Lantern

#3: X-Men Last Stand

#2: Captain America

#1: The Obvious

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I would watch and enjoy all of those over

Elektra
Blade Trinity
Any of the 3 fantastic four movies
Daredevil
and
Howard the Duck

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Top 5 Best:

#5 Infinity War

I thought it was a solid movie that did everything it promised and more, but compared to my #4 pick I just think it was slightly less "fun"

#4: Thor Ragnarok

Just Fun, Fun, Fun is the best way to describe it.

#3: Deadpool

Very true to the source material, and the surprising thing is that they pulled it off.

#2: Batman Mask of the Phantasm

The best Batman to ever come to theater with the best Joker and Batman duo. Its a surprising take on the character.

#1: Unbreakable

A very underrated film, and one ten years ahead of its time. M Night's best film overall IMO. I think people were expecting the Sixth Sense, and missed out on one of the best superhero films of all time.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Elektra
Blade Trinity
Daredevil
and
Howard the Duck
FF4 has never interested me, and when I saw the casting I said " nah Im not going to see them".

Blade Trinity was pretty bad

Howard I never saw, but Ive heard many horror stories

Never saw Elektra

Daredevil- Its serviceable to me. Atleast they were trying. Affleck was miscast, but MCD was a great Kingpin. I just chop that movie as a whole as comic book movies not knowing how to set up epic stories.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is really tough to only do a Top 5.

There are probably 20+ Superhero films I like a LOT and another 10-15 that are awful..... but anyway this is just quickly off the top of my head....

Top 5 Best:

1) The Dark Knight
2) The Avengers
3) Logan
4) X-Men Days of Future Past
5) Batman Begins

Top 5 Worst:

1) Batman & Robin
2) Punisher: War Zone
3) Catwoman
4) Elektra
5) Hulk (2003)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Elektra
Blade Trinity
Daredevil
and
Howard the Duck
The first 2 FF movies, were OK, nothing more, weak plotting hampered by the atrocious characterization of Dr. Doom.

The 3rd FF movie is right up--or perhaps down--there with Batman and Robin.

Also, I believe you forgot somebody...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The first 2 FF movies, were OK, nothing more, weak plotting hampered by the atrocious characterization of Dr. Doom.

The 3rd FF movie is right up--or perhaps down--there with Batman and Robin.

Also, I believe you forgot somebody...

but it has one of the best scenes in comic movie history

nothing beats this though for pure cheese

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Movies that have been left out of the mix

Good

The Hellboy movies
Dredd
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
MIB
The Rocketeer
Superman
Superman II

Bad

Judge Dredd
Jonah Hex
MIB3
RIPD
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Spirit
Superman IV

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Daredevil- Its serviceable to me. Atleast they were trying. Affleck was miscast, but MCD was a great Kingpin. I just chop that movie as a whole as comic book movies not knowing how to set up epic stories.
The Daredevil TV show (Netflix) is what the movie should have been. Affleck can't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Daredevil TV show (Netflix) is what the movie should have been. Affleck can't act his way out of a wet paper bag.
Affleck does better when he has creative control over his character which usually translates to “when he gets to write and direct his character”

But I think daredevil had a whole lot more going against it than just Affleck. It was trying to tell a two year long story within an hour and 30 minutes. Again I think the only bright point was MCD as Kingpin, but other than that it was just a bad movie. But it was never a movie that I felt totally invested with, and so it didn’t hack me off as much as some of the others on my list.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Movies that have been left out of the mix

Good

The Hellboy movies
Dredd
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
MIB
The Rocketeer
Superman
Superman II
Also Kick-A and less so Kick-A2

I enjoyed the Edward Norton Incredible Hulk as well.

I really love Dredd even though it's pretty much a straight copy of The Raid.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Its better than a lot of the other ones listed as worst but Thor The Dark World is pretty terrible IMO.

That said, the newest Fantastic Four movie, Hulk, Catwoman, Batman and Robin, etc. are far worse.

I still think The Dark Knight trilogy is the best in the business especially the first 2.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I think Vincent D'Onofrio did an amazing job as Kingpin.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I can't even bring myself to watch all of that clip. My goodness, that's terrible! It's like they were trying to make the worst movie possible.
actually they followed this up with a movie that was worse. As bad as Daredevil was the Elektra movie was worse

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The Daredevil soundtrack introduced me to some bands I still love listening to including one of my favorites ever so it wasn't all bad. It's the main reason I never end up putting it into my bad movies list.

Also I really like Howard the Duck. But in more of the liking a bad movie because it's bad way.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Daredevil soundtrack introduced me to some bands I still love listening to including one of my favorites ever so it wasn't all bad. It's the main reason I never end up putting it into my bad movies list.

Also I really like Howard the Duck. But in more of the liking a bad movie because it's bad way.
I never would have pegged you as a Nickleback fan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil:_The_Album

Latest threads