Alcohol at SEC venues

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Or maybe have designated "family sections" where alcohol is prohibited within that section.
I think that's a pretty reasonable compromise. They can take some extra steps to make those areas not just more family friendly, but also more oriented towards a family audience, so slightly different concessions in that area and so on.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Sadly, this might be the nail in the coffin for my attending games - it's frustrating enough dealing with the absolute wasted fools at the games as is, I can only imagine what it will be like when they can continue to add fuel to the fire during the game.

I'll give it a chance, but considering most people are idiots when they have a few too many, I'm not very optimistic.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
My recommendation: if it's a NIGHT game, make sure you stay in a hotel in T-town or just sleep in your car until it's safe. Don't risk driving home with DRUNKS on the highways/freeways. Some drivers are bad enough without tooooo much booze. Some end up driving the wrong way on a freeway. Now, what happens that's good after MIDNIGHT?
Let's see, TEXTING + Driving while INTOXICATED = DISASTER. Will that guy shown in this THREAD that PROFITS from this kind of thing be suing the individuals that were drunk and causing a wreck or will he add the Universities and the ENTIRE SEC as DEFENDANTS? I'm still thinking about those 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. games also ....... Hmmmmm?

Now, when will the SEC need more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and start selling marijuana, cocaine, etc. at games? Maybe by 2030 or 2040? Definitely by 2050.?!? Will players be using these items at halftime to get ready for the 2nd half? Will it be considered okay by the NCAA by then or will it be an illegal benefit?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And there's your motivation.

Sad how obvious the money grab has become.
Manchester United, and pretty much every English soccer team, has consistently made way more money than any College football and NFL team not named Dallas ( sometimes by double) just Premier League play alone ( where alcohol was banned until very recently, but with strict strict strict rules on the consumption part) I think alcohol in stadiums is trying to get more people in seats because everybody knows college football attendance is dying every year.

Last edited:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
In blowouts, we could offer $1 Milwaukee’s Best during the 4th Qtr. That may keep the students there. Blue Font.
The Beast....that brings back some good/bad college memories. We walked into Food Lion one evening and they had it on sale for $1.19 a 6-pack. Needless to say we stocked up.

Here at USC they have cash bars in many of the luxury boxes and BYOB/L (as long as you bring it the day before the game and put it in your personal locker) in others, but no public sales. I'd be fine with sales as long as they were cutoff at end of half time and there was a enforced limit of 1 drink per person per trip.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.