2019-20 Coaching Carousel

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
So FSU takes the worst OC in the SEC?

I wonder if he was even allowed to do anything like call plays... no wonder he left after 1 year. Gus doesn't need an OC since he is it :)

I read that Jeff Scott, Clemson Co OC , will be the new head coach at South Florida. Apparently Dabo plans to promote within.

I read also that Butch Jones is the leading candidate for Colorado State.

Reactions: B1GTide

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Not a bad hire in the grand scheme of things, and it helps that Gus and CCM are friends. Hopefully he can introduce some fresh wrinkles.
I agree. As awful as Arkansas was under Morris, people tend to forget what a solid job he did as offensive coordinator at Clemson a few years back. At one time he was one of those hot up-and-coming coaching prospects. He didn't do a bad job at SMU but for whatever reason the wheels just completely came off at Arkansas.

This hire makes a lot of sense for Auburn. What Morris likes to do philosophically lines up with Malzahn's scheme pretty well. I'd not be surprised to see you guys improve offensively next season. Your defense may struggle a bit, though.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

how do these unsuccessful guys keep getting recycled?
This is a relationship industry. At some point they will no longer get head coaching gigs, but they will find work for the rest of their lives as long as they don't crap on their friends.

Reactions: GrayTide

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It makes me happy to see the coaching carousel start turning in Clemson. :):):)
Is that DC at Clemson like the one who just RETIRED at Virginia Tech? Only going to be a DC for LIFE at Clemson?

Someone needs to HIRE him as a head coach. Why aren't many Clemson coaches leaving for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Hasn't anyone OFFERED them? If not, do they just LOVE that awful ORANGE color? They are the winningest program for the last few years. Don't tell me it's a FAMILY THING!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Is that DC at Clemson like the one who just RETIRED at Virginia Tech? Only going to be a DC for LIFE at Clemson?

Someone needs to HIRE him as a head coach. Why aren't many Clemson coaches leaving for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Hasn't anyone OFFERED them? If not, do they just LOVE that awful ORANGE color? They are the winningest program for the last few years. Don't tell me it's a FAMILY THING!
IIRC, 6 of his 9 assistants either played at Alabama or coached at Alabama when Dabo was there. Those guys are not going to leave the current gravy train.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.