2022 MLB Season Thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get that everyone is not a Braves fan, and some like to talk about the season in general. So here is a thread to post predictions, news, and just regular talk for those interested.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Bamabuzzard

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well the greatest team of all time lost 4-9 to the Rockies.

I wouldn’t care that much if they hadn’t been talking so much and trying to pull Texas size excuses this whole off-season.

Anyways it’s clear that the lack of Spring training is hurting a lot of good teams.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Im going to do this after each Sunday so to show the advancement of each club.

Week 1

AL EAST

1) Tampa Bay Rays: 3-0
---> Who is really surprised at them plunking the worst team in baseball for 3 games.
2) Toronto Blue Jays : 2-1
--> The preseason trendy pick for AL Champions beat Texas 2 out of 3. Need more proof.
2) New York Yankees: 2-1
--> Really how could you not send the Sox home 0-3? Still you can see the potential... But we have been saying that for over a decade...
4) Boston Red Sox: 1-2
--> They talk big and fall hard. It was one of the rockier starts of the season, but we still have a long way to go.
5) Baltimore Orioles: 0-3
--> I guess 159-3? Nah its just the same rotting corpse of a ball team.

AL Central

1) Chicago White Sox: 2-1
--> Is this finally their year? Too early to tell and the Tigers arent a good measuring stick.
1) Kansas City Royals: 2-1
--> Oh god here they come again... give it a week or so.
3) Minnesota Twins: 1-2
--> I dont know whether to buy the mariners or sell the Twins at this point.
3) Cleveland Guardians: 1-2
--> I still hate the name, and this crappy performance against the Royals didnt help
3) Detroit Tigers: 1-2
--> There is potential but how much remains to be determined.

AL WEST

1) Houston Astros: 3-1
--> Honestly I dont understand how LA still struggles to beat these guys.
2) Seattle Mariners: 2-1
--> Great showing for a trendy pick
3) Texas Rangers: 1-2
--> Well you did get beat by a far superior team
3) Oakland Athletics: 1-2
--> How many years until there is a firesale on this franchise.
5) Los Angeles Angels: 1-3
--> How many years until we actually get to see Ohatani and Trout in an ALCS or World Series?

NL EAST

1) New York Mets: 3-1
--> They did what they were supposed to against a totally outgunned Nats team.
2) Philadelphia Phillies: 2-1
--> They did what they were supposed to against a totally outgunned A's team
3) Atlanta Braves: 2-2
--> Maybe a little WS hangover or not being able to iron out some kinks in a full spring training.
4) Miami Marlins: 1-2
--> Overall a decent showing on the road vs the Giants.
5) Washington Nationals: 1-3
--> They appear to be the whipping boys this year in the East... So dont lose to them or else

NL Central

1) St Louis Cardinals: 2-1
--> It Looks like another Disney bull crap miracle is brewing in St Louis with the last dance of their last WS coming back for final years. But again they just beat the Buccos.
1) Chicago Cubs: 2-1
--> Hey they handled a good team in the Brewers.
3) Cincinatti Reds: 2-2
--> The Reds should be proud of their performance against the Braves, but lets be honest... they are probably in for a long season.
4) Milwaukee Brewers: 1-2
--> Same ole hitting problems for the Brew Crew.
4) Pittsburgh Pirates: 1-2
--> I think the biggest plus is that they are tied for last place instead of just last place.

NL WEST

1) San Diego Padres: 3-1
--> Okay you beat the D-backs give yourself a cookie... Well maybe you should since the Dodgers have a losing record vs a bad team to start off the season. Stay classy San Diego.
2) San Francisco Giants; 2-1
--> How to feel about this one is dependent on how you feel about the Marlins.
2) Colorado Rockies: 2-1
--> Did yall really expect this? I know its early but its funny.
4) Los Angeles Dodgers: 1-2
--> Well the greatest team of all time wont win every series like their beat writers have prophesized.
5) Arizona Diamondbacks: 1-3
--> It was always going to be them or the Rockies down here.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I watched some of Verlander's start against the Halos (the game they lost). These west coast games are tough on old guys. Small sample size, but:

Jeremy Pena is filling in well at Short. If he keeps this up Correa won't be missed.
Jose Siri played well last year during September callup, and has kept it up (Center Field).
Bregman appears to be back.
Verlander is on a pitch count for now.

Going to the weekday afternoon game versus the Mariners on May 4.

ETA - I'd wager McCullers is out until the All Star break.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Well the greatest team of all time lost 4-9 to the Rockies.

I wouldn’t care that much if they hadn’t been talking so much and trying to pull Texas size excuses this whole off-season.

Anyways it’s clear that the lack of Spring training is hurting a lot of good teams.

Agree about the lack of Spring Training. Already seeing bench players pitching. A little early in the season for that, but here we are.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
i understand planning for October but good lord being 6 outs from history is just stupid. Had that been Scherzer Roberts would have never gotten away with that nonsense.
In other news, Framber Valdez only threw 75 pitches for the Astros today. Primarily because he was pulled after 3 innings. :)

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
i understand planning for October but good lord being 6 outs from history is just stupid. Had that been Scherzer Roberts would have never gotten away with that nonsense.
No kidding, a Scherzer or Verlander would not have left the mound.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Seller:
You can’t tell the players without a scorecard!

Me;
You sure can’t. They’re all wearing 42 with no names.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
So Dave Roberts pulls Kershaw after 7 perfect innings….
Since this game, it has come out that Kershaw and Roberts both agreed that he would come out when reaching a particular pitch count OR innings, whichever came first. Apparently, Kershaw really didn't have an issue with it. He acknowledged he "would have liked" to stay in, but agreed that considering his arm issues last season and he literally didn't pick a ball up until late January of 2022, the best decision was to come out. Add on top of that he had yet to throw over 70 pitches or six innings in simulated games at practice.

Update:
I just watched "High Heat" on my lunch and "Mad Dog" claims he was at the game and if Kershaw would have wanted to go the distance, Roberts would have let him, that it was Kershaw's decision. Mad Dog was hammering Kershaw for not being competitive and really laying into him and questioning his competitive drive.

Update to the Update:
I'm not sure if any of you heard during the broadcast of Tuesday night's Braves/Dodgers game, but Costas and crew stated that Kershaw did in fact take himself out of the game, not Roberts. So, Mad Dog Russo was correct yesterday in his claim that Kershaw took himself out.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If the umpires would better control the pace of play, which is WELL WITHIN their rights to do, then this wouldn't even be considered. I've asked umpires on the youth, HS, AND college (FBS) levels if they have the right to monitor the pace of play, and the answer has been yes. That, IMO, is the biggest issue contributing to the dragging pace of MLB games over the years. The umpires basically do not address batters continuously stepping out of the batter's box, and pitchers taking waaaaay too much time between pitches. These two things alone the umpire has the right to regulate.

Pitch Clock_ESPN

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Ok Braves fans, tell me about Sean Newcomb. The two things I know is that he is a former top prospect and he cannot seem to find the strike zone. Should I be remotely interested to see what he does for the Cubs or he is another Folty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.