2020 Prospect: ***** 5* QB Bryce Young Commits to Bama *****

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
“They are getting a winner," Young stated. "They are getting someone who has won on every single level. Someone who is going to make the university proud. Someone who is going to be a humble, enthusiastic leader. Someone who will do anything for his teammates, his community and his family."

This is probably why he has a chance to play early...his off the field and lockerroom attitude. His talent speaks for itself.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, that stood out to me...just goes to show the levels at which Kirby will go to tear down Bama.
I was struck by that as well. Was about to start a thread on the article until I checked here and found it covered.

Kirby has burned a lot of bridges with a lot of people same with coach O. Saban is up front with these kids for better or worse.
Just curious, jam....have Kirby and O burned bridges with schools and/or coaches other than Alabama and Saban?

Karma will get them at some point, but she often has her own schedule. The coaching fraternity is a small one, and you have to wonder how long it'll be before she comes knocking loud and hard.

Loved the Youngs' response to Georgia's request for a visit on the down-low...."If that's the way it'll be, then we won't come at all. Have a nice day." Could be the beginnings of Karma on the way.

Reactions: Con

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I was struck by that as well. Was about to start a thread on the article until I checked here and found it covered.

Just curious, jam....have Kirby and O burned bridges with schools and/or coaches other than Alabama and Saban?

Karma will get them at some point, but she often has her own schedule. The coaching fraternity is a small one, and you have to wonder how long it'll be before she comes knocking loud and hard.

Loved the Youngs' response to Georgia's request for a visit on the down-low...."If that's the way it'll be, then we won't come at all. Have a nice day." Could be the beginnings of Karma on the way.
Kirby instate recruiting is being crappy because of the stuff he pulls and does to recruits mostly broken promises.
O dropped a-lot of kids instate and at a premiere school in MD (st Frances) those coaches dont forget that. hence why Rak never trusted LSU.
Both have burned bridges with other colleges but thats more Kirby than O.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Kirby instate recruiting is being crappy because of the stuff he pulls and does to recruits mostly broken promises.
O dropped a-lot of kids instate and at a premiere school in MD (st Frances) those coaches dont forget that. hence why Rak never trusted LSU.
Both have burned bridges with other colleges but thats more Kirby than O.
I think that is perhaps the biggest failure about CKS with building a successful and sustainable program. He's too focused on "tearing down Bama" that he hasn't dedicated enough focus on the areas in his program that will make it successful. I think the mishandling of Justin Fields and a few more recruits will turn out to be bigger than what we understand. Their in-state QB of the future has just helped to lead another program to the CFP ... that shouldn't happen.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think that is perhaps the biggest failure about CKS with building a successful and sustainable program. He's too focused on "tearing down Bama" that he hasn't dedicated enough focus on the areas in his program that will make it successful. I think the mishandling of Justin Fields and a few more recruits will turn out to be bigger than what we understand. Their in-state QB of the future has just helped to lead another program to the CFP ... that shouldn't happen.
I’m shocked someone hasn’t chimed in to tell us what an excellent person he is.........course, 1 of 25 is telling

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
remember how scrawny aj mcarron was coming to bama, added much weight and strength, i forsee the same for bryce. just saw a beautiful 30 yard throw, good arm. another TD, OH MY

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The NBC station in Birmingham is off the air due to a urinating contest with my satellite company so I can’t watch.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The NBC station in Birmingham is off the air due to a urinating contest with my satellite company so I can’t watch.
This is weak football when BY and DJ are not at QB for their teams. Both of those guys are major difference makers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
1st half is over. BY was QB for 2 drives - threw 2 TD passes, then other QBs took over for the West and no other points were scored. Had a chance for a chip shot FG with Stroud at QB but went for it on 4th down and did not get the TD.

The East team scored 9 of their 12 points with DJ at QB. He is also very good. He threw a pick at the end of the half, but he was just trying to make something happen on a very long pass that was picked off in the endzone.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
DJ back on the field in the 2nd half - drives all the way down to the goal and then a bad snap over his head results in a scoop 'n score for the West team (not DJ's fault). The PAT was blocked by Quandarrius Robinson.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.