Agiye Hall gone

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Saw a tweet yesterday (can't find it now) where the writer said (paraphrase): "building a team based on players that couldn't make it at Bama is an interesting approach for Sarkisian..."
Yesterday, seeing news on Hall transferring to Texas, I thought of the fact that this is a expression of just how desperate Sarkisian is to field a competitive team at Texas. It represents the only possible way it can be done at this point in time. After Texas losing streak last year he realizes that he only has this year to be competitive in the conference. Otherwise he would be fired and both he and Texas would be starting over. That is the nature of the situation he has put himself into.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Saw a tweet yesterday (can't find it now) where the writer said (paraphrase): "building a team based on players that couldn't make it at Bama is an interesting approach for Sarkisian..."
I guess Texas just sifts out the Bama players who prefer women, money, and alcohol while Saban hangs on to the players who prefer national championships.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yesterday, seeing news on Hall transferring to Texas, I thought of the fact that this is a expression of just how desperate Sarkisian is to field a competitive team at Texas. It represents the only possible way it can be done at this point in time. After Texas losing streak last year he realizes that he only has this year to be competitive in the conference. Otherwise he would be fired and both he and Texas would be starting over. That is the nature of the situation he has put himself into.
This is pretty much it. It's a massive gamble, and let's be honest, it might just pay off. Truth is if these guys actually tried and put in the work... they would be All-American types. But therein lies the rub.

I do not trust Sark to actually get that out of them. But we shall see. Best bet is this falls apart and Sark is fired within the next 18 months.

Reactions: UAH

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The problem I see with building a program around Bama players that "didn't work" at Bama is normally the reason it "didn't work" had nothing to do with the physical part of it. If they were recruited and signed to a scholarship, they were more than talented enough. The problem is normally attitude and effort which by this age is TOUGH TOUGH to fix.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The problem I see with building a program around Bama players that "didn't work" at Bama is normally the reason it "didn't work" had nothing to do with the physical part of it. If they were recruited and signed to a scholarship, they were more than talented enough. The problem is normally attitude and effort which by this age is TOUGH TOUGH to fix.
True but we do demand more than other schools tend to, or at least it seems that way. Even Jonathan Allen said it was the hardest thing he's ever done in his life.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My Longhorn bud texted me last night and asked what I could tell him about Hall.

I told him.

He said that the dumbest thing is that a RECEIVER is the last thing Texas needs right now.
"Is he gonna go play defense? We don't need any more receivers!"

I was just LOLing at that.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is pretty much it. It's a massive gamble, and let's be honest, it might just pay off. Truth is if these guys actually tried and put in the work... they would be All-American types. But therein lies the rub.

I do not trust Sark to actually get that out of them. But we shall see. Best bet is this falls apart and Sark is fired within the next 18 months.
Considering the issues we've been hearing about at texas, I find it hard to believe a player that needs discipline and structure will find it in Austin.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
True but we do demand more than other schools tend to, or at least it seems that way. Even Jonathan Allen said it was the hardest thing he's ever done in his life.
Apparently, we demand what it takes to be great, year in and year out, and the proof is in the "puddin'" so to speak. It's not easy and as Jonathan Allen said, it's not very everybody.

The difference between being very good and great is what Saban requires of his players. That's why we are and have been THE ONLY program in the last 15 years talked about in the "greatness" category. Everybody else is talked about in the "Very good" category. So, the question is, does the player want to be great or very good? If he wants to be great, come to Alabama and do the things it takes to be great. If he wants to be "very good", go somewhere else.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
CSS must feel that he can turn around players that did not respond to The Process. Maybe he can, but I have my doubts. It reminds me of a statement from one of the assistant coaches in one of the seasons of "Last Chance U". To paraphrase slightly, he said that the players that ended up at his school were mostly members of the Three As Club: Academically challenged, athletically challenged, or ***holes. I think it is clear from the last few years that Mr. Hall does not fall into category #2.

Reactions: The Ols and Con

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Reactions: OSUTideFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.