AJ McCarron Plays again (in new XFL)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I haven't watched any games yet, but I plan too. And I'll be rooting for AJ!

FWIW, I played baseball (youth thru HS) and I too can't stand to watch it on TV. Outside of a few world series games I haven't watched entire baseball games since the Maddux, Glavin, Smoltz years.

As for golf, I've taken up that game pretty seriously, and I can/do watch it on TV but it usually involves a nap too on Sunday afternoon. 😁 But, if Tiger or JT is in the hunt I watch it like an Alabama football game!

Reactions: CB4 and Padreruf

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well here is why the XFL will never survive and what should be the reason college football should never go to automatic qualifiers. I really don’t care who was going to win the whole thing but I knew there was a great possibility that the setup was going to allow the possibility that the two most followed programs could be left out with how the divisions are set up.

The South only has two teams that are somewhat worth it. Dallas and Houston. However Dallas made the playoffs with a 4-6 record. In the north both Seattle and St Louis were tied 7-3 with the exact same losses (2 to DC and one to the other) but some shenanigans in a tie breaker gave Seattle the playoff bid. So the most popular team was left out (St Louis).

Well Dallas ends up knocking out Houston and is in the championship with a losing record. If Seattle were to beat DC today then the XFL would almost be assured the lowest ratings for a championship game in a professional sport.

My point is that the XFL goofed when making these divisions and playoff setup. The USFL has far more equal teams to balance out divisions.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't know the dynamics and economics of both leagues, but the XFL is trying to do the same thing every other league has tried and failed, the USFL went with a strange model that draws a lot of criticism, the use of hub cities, empty stadiums, they have a player union where the XFL does not. Plus the XFL is more focused on existing NFL cities while the USFL is mostly based in areas not served and crowd size is seemingly not a big part of the cash flow model. it's more of a product made for TV. I hope one of them survives. I'd rather it be my beloved USFL (Stallions) but I feel there is a massive need for a league where NFL bubble players can develop.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.