ADMIN NOTE: Be sure you check the legality of a broadcast before posting links to streaming sites

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hello TideFans, we want everyone to enjoy watching CFB games - especially Bama football - but we DO NOT allow links that bypass copyright (intellectual property theft aka IP theft). Any links to watch any game that bypasses the original broadcaster (such as alternative 'free' sports streaming sites or even Youtube, assuming it's being streamed by someone other than the broadcaster) will be removed ASAP unless it can be shown that the re-broadcast is legal.

Simply put, we will not allow TF.com to be jeopardized by illegal links.

I know that in 2023 it seems silly to some to worry about violating copyright laws - but TideFans will continue to obey the law and respect copyright.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks @crimsonaudio for removing the YT links I posted on last night's game thread.

At the time, I had no idea it was anything "illegal".

Probably like many others, I was taken by complete surprise and was only trying to help with the situation.

Good luck to everyone finding a solution that works for you so we can get on with what we usually like to do at this wonderful and exciting time of the year!

irvingtontide

3rd Team
Sep 5, 2019
If you’re not copying or redistributing you’re fine. All the fault falls on the person broadcasting in these instances or if you make a copy of it. With just streaming it to watch it’s not illegal. Now a full link being shared might be seen as redistributing but saying the website you can find it at would not be any issue at all for the site.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you’re not copying or redistributing you’re fine. All the fault falls on the person broadcasting in these instances or if you make a copy of it. With just streaming it to watch it’s not illegal. Now a full link being shared might be seen as redistributing but saying the website you can find it at would not be any issue at all for the site.
If you wish to discuss the subtleties of copyright law, I'm happy to discuss it further on Nonsports.

It's not up for discussion here - we are not allowing links that bypass copyright, period.

irvingtontide

3rd Team
Sep 5, 2019
If you wish to discuss the subtleties of copyright law, I'm happy to discuss it further on Nonsports.

It's not up for discussion here - we are not allowing links that bypass copyright, period.
I have no need to discuss them I never posted a link to a video or the site. It was only a website name you couldn’t even click on it. You had to go search it up yourself. That won’t cause an issue for the site with no link just a name. I’ll use PM if that’s not allowed tho so anyone that doesn’t know it and would like to try it send me a PM.

I wasn’t arguing copy rights laws to this site as much as letting members know where they stand if they was to visit the site. I wanted them to know they weren’t going to be arrested or fined for using a pirated stream. Just don’t live stream it to other people or create a copy of it. I’ve used one for over a decade now from movies, tv shows, and the ufc so I’ve done some research from my own worries. I was trying to put some peoples mind at ease if that was their options to watch a football game.

I will agree with the poster that mentioned viruses don’t download any of the ads or anything off a pop up page from any site tho it’s a recipe for a virus.

I also figure if i was to say this in non sports then 90% of the users here will not see it and seeing as how it applies to this thread it would be appropriate here for what I posted.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I'm afraid that Spectrum doesn't give enough a rip about their customers to make any real attempt to settle anything with Disney. And now that the majority of Bama/SEC games are on the ESPN family of networks, well....it's only going to get worse from here.

The funny thing is, people who are of the "oh well, it sux to be you, my provider doesn't have issues with Disney" camp don't seem to realize....their headaches are coming too. Yes, this will be an issue even for streaming services too at some point. This isn't just a fight with Spectrum and Spectrum alone

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'm afraid that Spectrum doesn't give enough a rip about their customers to make any real attempt to settle anything with Disney. And now that the majority of Bama/SEC games are on the ESPN family of networks, well....it's only going to get worse from here.

The funny thing is, people who are of the "oh well, it sux to be you, my provider doesn't have issues with Disney" camp don't seem to realize....their headaches are coming too. Yes, this will be an issue even for streaming services too at some point. This isn't just a fight with Spectrum and Spectrum alone
No one is saying “oh well sucks to be you”, we are simply saying there are a lot of alternatives to traditional cable these days. YTTV had their own battle with ESPN/Disney last year during bowl season. It ended quickly, and things are good right now. That doesn’t mean they’ll always be good, but there’s really no reason to have cable/satellite these days when YTTV exists. It’s so much better than cable.

Reactions: Padreruf

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
No one is saying “oh well sucks to be you”, we are simply saying there are a lot of alternatives to traditional cable these days. YTTV had their own battle with ESPN/Disney last year during bowl season. It ended quickly, and things are good right now. That doesn’t mean they’ll always be good, but there’s really no reason to have cable/satellite these days when YTTV exists. It’s so much better than cable.
I was referring to the talking heads on WJOX who said "it sucks to be you" (you, meaning Spectrum subscribers). They were having a field day with it Friday morning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.