Brag On Your Kid(s)

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
Love this thread:

Oldest is 20, starting 1B on his JUCO baseball team. The first NJCAA rankings just came out and they are in the top spot at 18-1.

Middle is 16, doing well in HS tennis. He’s dual enrolled in FL Virtual HS classes and taking classes at the same JUCO as his older brother. Just found out he’s on track to graduate HS with his AA degree. Will definitely be a Bright Futures scholarship student.

Youngest is about to be 12 and just his first dinger!

It’s been a solid week at our week!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Son number 2 started a new job last week in the construction/contracting field. He previously inspected homes in and around the Nashville area. His wife is still doing well with her second round of chemo treatments and will have reconstruction surgery sometime in late June or early July.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Well, Lily turns 18 tomorrow. Not sure how that happened. She'll be out of the house and off to college in a few months. So, Lan and I are trying to make the most of the time before Lily is a full-adult. The Japan trip was for Spring Break, and we are planning to go to Vietnam for three weeks in June. For this weekend, we secured a house at Crescent Lake a little over an hour away. Lily and her friends (with my wife's supervision) will have a blast. As always, there will be a mix of American and Vietnamese foods. We are caravaning down after work, but my role is just pack mule. I was in charge of the Costco run and countless other supplies. I'll come back to the house with my MIL, who wants to go on the drive and see the lake. Lan will stay the weekend with the kids. Happy birthday, Lily! :love:

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
well my oldest is going to auburn. she narrowed it down to uga and au after all her college tours.......absolutely fell in love with the campus at auburn and after talking to the premed folks down there was sold. made nat'l merit finalist also.......immensely proud of my little girl. she's made it a condition that since she's getting some significant scholly money and is going to save me a lot of out of pocket expenses for her to attend college the least i could do is wear an au shirt.......it aint happenin :LOL:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
well my oldest is going to auburn. she narrowed it down to uga and au after all her college tours.......absolutely fell in love with the campus at auburn and after talking to the premed folks down there was sold. made nat'l merit finalist also.......immensely proud of my little girl. she's made it a condition that since she's getting some significant scholly money and is going to save me a lot of out of pocket expenses for her to attend college the least i could do is wear an au shirt.......it aint happenin :LOL:
16 year old high school junior scored a 34 on the ACT 2 weeks ago, taking again today because she wants an 36, and she’s dead set on, well, Bama.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
16 year old high school junior scored a 34 on the ACT 2 weeks ago, taking again today because she wants an 36, and she’s dead set on, well, Bama.
Congratulations on probably not having to pay for her college education!

I’m certainly glad to have her in Tuscaloosa, but am deadly curious….what is attracting her to UA?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Congratulations on probably not having to pay for her college education!

I’m certainly glad to have her in Tuscaloosa, but am deadly curious….what is attracting her to UA?
Career goal is finance and she wants it to be a big SEC school. Bama is a good school for that so that’s what she’s gunning for.

She wants to do sorority though and GOOD GOD the dues at Bama are ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: BamaNation

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
you probably know this but that will get her some serious $$$ here. If she can do well enough on Nat Merit to make semi or finalist, she will be sending money home.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Career goal is finance and she wants it to be a big SEC school. Bama is a good school for that so that’s what she’s gunning for.

She wants to do sorority though and GOOD GOD the dues at Bama are ridiculous.
I was in the Greek system in the late 70s / early 80s. Even adjusting for inflation, it’s more expensive now because the new houses are in the $15 million range. More than that if you’re just now starting construction. We just didn’t have that kind of overhead.

The Greeks can be a boon or a bane. Be sure she doesn’t adopt her pledge sisters’ priorities on social vs. academics. They don’t have near the talent your daughter does.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.