Game Thread: Braves vs Phillies

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Too busy at work today to watch. We fell behind quickly but looks like they battled back to send it to extras. Still lost by 1.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It’s looking like we’re going to have a quick post-season exit unless the pitching just magically becomes way better.

I can’t believe how bad we have played since clinching.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It’s looking like we’re going to have a quick post-season exit unless the pitching just magically becomes way better.

I can’t believe how bad we have played since clinching.
The bats have gone ice cold, too. They are coasting right now. Fans paid good money for these game tickets and they get this crap show. Worse, they players are so arrogant that they think that they can just turn it back on when they need it.

Losing is to be expected and I get resting some players for the playoffs, but this is what they do every year and it never works out. When will they learn?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The bats have gone ice cold, too. They are coasting right now. Fans paid good money for these game tickets and they get this crap show. Worse, they players are so arrogant that they think that they can just turn it back on when they need it.

Losing is to be expected and I get resting some players for the playoffs, but this is what they do every year and it never works out. When will they learn?
we are going to struggle to even get to 100 wins. didn't see that coming. Sadly pitching has been the issue all year and it went largely unnoticed because we were scoring 10 runs in some games, but a lot of those games were 10-7 or 12-10.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Certainly a dip after clinching but I think we will be fine. We will easily get to 100 wins. Chavez returning is really nice.

We have the best offensive team in baseball and lead the MLB in AVG, HRs, RBIs, Runs, OBP, SLG, OPS, and Hits. Could we go cold in the playoffs? Sure I guess so but I am not expecting that.

Pitching is obviously the question mark. We lead MLB in wins, 2nd in shutouts, 2nd in strikeouts, but middle of the pack in runs allowed, ERA, WHIP, etc. But we have a really strong 1-2 punch with Fried and Strider. How we manage the other games will probably be the difference.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads