• Fully Vaccinated or have received all the recommended doses

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • Partially Vaccinated

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • First Vaccination Scheduled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Hesitant (please leave a comment)

• I'd rather take my chances with the disease AMA of every legitimate entity in the world

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I'm just wondered why the FDA hasn't given it full approval yet.

Not arguing anything else.

From what I understand there are some folks waiting for this to happen.

That's all...
The FDA is weird. A little bit of rat feces in your peanut butter and they say it is all good. A vaccine that can literally save lives and they say now hold on just a minute.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Many of the arguments you hear now originate from morons like this. Others come from quack chiropractors who also reject germ theory and vaccines.

Germ theory is not accepted because of indoctrination. It is accepted because it has been proven over and over again.

Yet the blind are leading the blind and no one with good sense is surprised by the result.

Quote:
Listen up, sheeple: COVID-19 doesn't exist. Viruses don't cause disease, and they aren't contagious. Those doctors and health experts who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about; the real experts are on Facebook. And they're saying it loud and clear: the pandemic is caused by your own deplorable life choices, like eating meat or pasta. Any "COVID" symptoms you might experience are actually the result of toxic lifestyle exposures—and you have only yourself to blame.

As idiotic and abhorrent as all of the above is, it's not an exaggeration of the messages being spread by a growing group of Darwin Award finalists on the Internet—that is, germ theory denialists. Yes, you read that correctly: germ theory denialists—also known as people who don't believe that pathogenic viruses and bacteria can cause disease.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Covid is real but it is really sad how political it has become.
Last I checked covid didn’t vote R or D last election. It is equal opportunity. The response is what became political and that can be traced all the way back to Trump. In fact really only one side is making it political, the sooner everyone can see that the easier it will be to move past this.

Last edited:

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
My husband's work sent out a "survey" to practitioners asking if they has been vaccinated, and hinted around that it may be coming. Some at work are all furious saying they'll quit.

His counterpoint was the same as mine - we are in a right to work state - they can do as they please. You already have to be up to date on vaccines, including flu, to go into the hospitals. We were all vaccinated in the 80s for school. We had to be up to date to attend college as well. This is no different, and more important than the MMR vaccine and tetanus booster.

But especially the ones at work who consider themselves conservative (my husband too) - this is actually a "conservative" free market solution. Business can do it, but not government- don't like it, go work somewhere else.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Business can do it, but not government
I'm going to disagree. The classical liberalism stance (that most conservatives claim to stand for) is that the government can and should use its police powers during a public health crisis to promote the public welfare. This does include forced vaccinations if deemed necessary and passed into law. This was also upheld by SCOTUS in the Jacobson case.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

August 15, 2021
We Can Do This
Frank McPhillips
13 min ago

August 15, 2021
Yesterday, ADPH performed maintenance on its data dashboard. It’s a good thing, because the totals today could have caused the site to blow up. There were 6,992 new cases reported, utterly demolishing the previous single day record of 5,498 (set on January 5). While today’s total covers both Saturday and Sunday, Sundays are normally light reporting days. The 7-day statewide average is now 3,955 new cases per day, which is 92% of the 7-day record moving average of 4,280 cases per day (set on January 10).
Earlier this week, the State Health Officer, Dr. Harris, forecast that hospitalizations would soon exceed the winter peak. As of today, there are 2,570 confirmed patients in 100 reporting hospitals, or 25.7 patients per hospital. Last January, Alabama hospitals reached 30.3 patients per hospital at their peak, while the peak last summer was 15.8 patients per hospital. Hospital intensive care units were operating at 95% capacity on Wednesday, according to the President of the Alabama Hospital Association, who added that there are currently no ICU beds available in Mobile or Baldwin County or in Montgomery or Dothan.
The Alabama Schools Superintendent announced that the State will begin reporting weekly cases by school district, beginning September 10. Until then, no school-level or district-level data are available, only anecdotal reports. For instance, one Colbert County school elected to close its doors after more than 18% of its students tested positive. After two days of classes, Cullman City Schools notified parents that 50 students had tested positive and the district is considering a mask requirement. On Thursday, Madison County Schools also announced plans to require masks, reversing its prior policy after confirming an outbreak among students and staff.
On Friday, Gov. Kay Ivey issued what she called a “limited, narrowly-focused” state of emergency declaration. Her statement to the press seemingly placed more emphasis on what it is not (“absolutely no statewide mandates, closures or the like”) than what it is - that is, an order permitting out-of-state doctors and nurses to come to our aid and allowing hospitals to expand in order to free up bed space for Covid patients. The order allows hospitals to adopt alternative standards of care because the coming explosion of new cases “could overwhelm the healthcare facilities and personnel of this State and undermine their ability to deliver care in the traditional and customary manner.”
As the Delta variant takes hold, it often feels like we are fighting the virus with one hand tied behind our backs. Vaccines are unquestionably the first and best line of defense, yet 2 million of Alabama’s residents who can get the vaccine have not stepped up more than 4 months after life-saving vaccines became widely available. Although Gov. Ivey said she was encouraged by an increase in vaccination rates over the last month, Alabama is still last in the nation with 35.2% of our residents fully vaccinated. Only 25% of our children aged 12-17 have received at least one shot, 49th in the nation.
As Delta infections among the unvaccinated continue to spiral out of control, it seems inevitable that the vaccine resisters will eventually force the hands of employers and others to require vaccinations for employment as well as the customary privileges of a productive life, such as travel, entertainment and education. The pandemic has deprived us of so much: millions of jobs, more than a year of school for tens of millions of children, more than 620,000 American lives. As this preventable Delta wave builds, it feels like we may be losing something else: the belief that we can come together as Americans to solve a problem.
During the last century, the United States of America defeated fascism, rebuilt Europe, conquered polio, landed a man on the moon and ended the Cold War. We can do this. We can surely overcome this pandemic, but only if we bother to try. The totals:
8/1 - 1,798
8/2 - 1,705
8/3 - 3,307
8/4 - 3,399
8/5 - 3,817
8/6 - 3,685
8/7 - 3,891
8/9 - 4,877
8/10 - 3,815
8/11 - 3,851
8/12 - 4,167
8/13 - 3,986
8/15 - 6,992

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Last I checked covid didn’t vote R or D last election. It is equal opportunity. The response is what became political and that can be traced all the way back to Trump. In fact really only one side is making it political, the sooner everyone can see that the easier it will be to move past this.
I voted for the Libertarian in the last election so I guess I have no say in this conversation. When you turn on the news, it is all left except for fox and I don't give a damn about any of them. So many on the left and right are so guilty of so much. All you guys can support the R or L. Both parties have had the Presidency, Speaker of the House and Senate Majority leader for decades upon decades and look where we are at? It is pitiful.

• Haha
  • Facepalm
Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I voted for the Libertarian in the last election so I guess I have no say in this conversation. When you turn on the news, it is all left except for fox and I don't give a damn about any of them. So many on the left and right are so guilty of so much. All you guys can support the R or L. Both parties have had the Presidency, Speaker of the House and Senate Majority leader for decades upon decades and look where we are at? It is pitiful.
I hear you. I voted Libertarian in 2016.

I'm not so sure about the fairness of the "both sides" argument on this issue, though. Only one party is actively hampering both vaccination and mitigation efforts even as the situation spirals out of control...AGAIN. This failure and lack of leadership is leading to a dire situation with hospitals and it's only getting worse. Tate Reeves (R., MS. Gov.) is begging for the USNS Comfort even as he refuses to promote vaccines or masks. Is this not ass backwards? Abbott is telling hospital in Tx they are on their own to get more help. It's similar in several other states. Arkansas's governor finally sees the folly in banning school mask mandates but it's too late to unsign the law he signed into being and the legislature (R majority) will not change it. The same is not happening in states where Ds are in control. There is a stark difference between the two parties on this.

This is as good a place as any to put this:

They make the argument that government mandated mitigation efforts actually enhance personal freedom.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
it is the current stall tactic, as soon as it is fully approved they will move the goalposts. I suspect they will go with "it was only approved because of politics".
a massive failure, no matter how you cut it.
Many of the arguments you hear now originate from morons like this. Others come from quack chiropractors who also reject germ theory and vaccines.

Germ theory is not accepted because of indoctrination. It is accepted because it has been proven over and over again.

Yet the blind are leading the blind and no one with good sense is surprised by the result.

Quote:
Listen up, sheeple: COVID-19 doesn't exist. Viruses don't cause disease, and they aren't contagious. Those doctors and health experts who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about; the real experts are on Facebook. And they're saying it loud and clear: the pandemic is caused by your own deplorable life choices, like eating meat or pasta. Any "COVID" symptoms you might experience are actually the result of toxic lifestyle exposures—and you have only yourself to blame.

As idiotic and abhorrent as all of the above is, it's not an exaggeration of the messages being spread by a growing group of Darwin Award finalists on the Internet—that is, germ theory denialists. Yes, you read that correctly: germ theory denialists—also known as people who don't believe that pathogenic viruses and bacteria can cause disease.
a lot of these people also spend money for ear wax candles and magic footpads that remove toxins

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So I talked to my Mom today. We'd talked about driving to CT when I'm off in September and quite frankly my mental constitution isn't up to that, so I came up with a counter-offer: I'll pay for HER to fly into Providence and spend 5 days with my brother. It'll cost me half the money as the drive plus I'll not have to worry about tearing out of here starting a leave and heading somewhere, I can just go sit in my room and have my usual cortisol/adrenaline discharge where I lapse into the deepest depression for a few hours because I've been running so hard so long (the good part, though, is now know it happens).

But...

then Mom told me her brother-in-law, who is EIGHTY YEARS OLD just tested Covid positive right after Mom has been over to visit him. He's become a rigid anti-vaxxer along with his wife (my Dad's sister) who....wait for it....had a double mastectomy less than a year ago and was doing chemo in March. (She just turned 67 two days ago).

Then Mom dropped a bomb on me.....she informed me that my other brother (e.g. not the one she's going to see) is refusing to get vaccinated despite working on a military base because he doesn't know what's in it. She DID laugh when I pointed out he's the worst eater of processed food in the entire family.

And for those who don't know, my old high school just cancelled in person classes for the next two weeks because of positive Covid at the school, and the hospital has no beds because reasons.

(IF ONLY there was something that could prevent all this....)

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I'm going to disagree. The classical liberalism stance (that most conservatives claim to stand for) is that the government can and should use its police powers during a public health crisis to promote the public welfare. This does include forced vaccinations if deemed necessary and passed into law. This was also upheld by SCOTUS in the Jacobson case.
I will definitely agree on the classical liberalism stance. I meant the more modern conservatism, the past 15 years or so, bug business type.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
a massive failure, no matter how you cut it.

a lot of these people also spend money for ear wax candles and magic footpads that remove toxins
I've been railing against these people for decades. Selling ear candles, crystals, essential oils, quack chiropractors, all of it. Invariably someone will say, why does it make you so angry? Whats the harm?

yeah

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hear you. I voted Libertarian in 2016.

I'm not so sure about the fairness of the "both sides" argument on this issue, though. Only one party is actively hampering both vaccination and mitigation efforts even as the situation spirals out of control...AGAIN. This failure and lack of leadership is leading to a dire situation with hospitals and it's only getting worse. Tate Reeves (R., MS. Gov.) is begging for the USNS Comfort even as he refuses to promote vaccines or masks. Is this not ass backwards? Abbott is telling hospital in Tx they are on their own to get more help. It's similar in several other states. Arkansas's governor finally sees the folly in banning school mask mandates but it's too late to unsign the law he signed into being and the legislature (R majority) will not change it. The same is not happening in states where Ds are in control. There is a stark difference between the two parties on this.

This is as good a place as any to put this:

They make the argument that government mandated mitigation efforts actually enhance personal freedom.
both sides and stuff

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Here's the problem with the "both sides" argument.

I LARGELY agree in MOST CASES with it. Let's be blunt - if Cuomo would have been replaced by a Republican, do you REALLY believe that he would have resigned? Of course not, and we have evidence that's so in other places. Look, you know all those arguments being made about Dominion? Well just go back to 2004 and a bunch of (key word here) left-wing PUNDITS toyed with the idea that Dieboldt voting machines were rigged.

however....unless I missed something and have a VERY poor memory......I don't recall Democrats or leftists or left-wingers or whatever we want to call them storming the US Capitol with zip ties and looking to possibly kill Dick Cheney. Can an argument up to a point be made that a number of Democrats flirted with the idea of "Bush was selected, not elected"? YES, it can.

However, I recall very vividly watching PA Governor Ed Rendell just minutes after SCOTUS stayed the 2000 Florida recount saying, "Gore needs to concede." And I recall seeing a bunch of other Democrats do that, too. And I sure don't recall Gore or Kerry going on months long tirades over so-called "voting irregularities" and stolen elections. And KEY POINT here...I don't recall the Democratic Party standing up en masse and saying they AGREED with such nonsense, either. So while I DO think both political parties are largely corrupt (and we, the voters, make them that way), I cannot draw an equivalency here. The Democrats - so far - at least know theres a line that only a radical lefitst in Congress can actually cross, and they won't publicly support it even if they don't repudiate it.

Now let's get to vaccines.

It's not Democrats telling me to inject myself with bleach.
It's not Democrats raging insane over EVERY LITTLE attempt to stop this thing.
It wasn't a Democratic President who raged in press conferences and pointed his finger of blame on someone else while saying "I don't feel any responsibility" while simultaneously telling me that he had done a great job on the economy.
It's not MSNBC who has a bunch of already vaccinated people on their news program trashing the BEST SINGLE PREVENTION of the problem.

I have long had what i hope to be a lifelong love affair with the truth, which is why I've called out a bunch of nonsense both left and right. That part IS true.

What is not true at this moment, however, is the notion that the Democratic Party or the so-called "liberals" have espoused the idea that vaccines are bad for us but "what's the cure" and having no answer.

ONE party has done that, a party I don't even recognize anymore.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A party that, for better or worse, I strongly supported until 2016 and could under no circumstance support then or now as I once had.It isn't the same party, except in name only.
I read Jon Mecham's 2015 biography of Daddy Bush, and he had a story in there about where the party was going - and yes, we can blame Pat Robertson for a bunch of it.

Bush was already thinking about how to unify the party for the fall. The Dole voters, he believed, would be on board: They were Republican regulars. The Pat Robertson brigades struck Bush as more problematic—they seemed more interested in ideology and theology than in political victory. Campaigning in Kingsport, Tennessee—a thoroughly Republican city in a state Reagan had carried twice—Bush encountered a stony-faced Robertson backer who refused to shake the vice president’s hand.“Look, this is a political campaign,” Bush said to her. “We’ll be together when it’s over.” The woman was unmoved, and Bush, in the privacy of his diary, reflected:
Still, this staring, glaring ugly—there’s something terrible about those who carry it to extremes. They’re scary. They’re there for spooky, extraordinary right-winged reasons. They don’t care about Party. They don’t care about anything. They’re the excesses. They could be Nazis, they could be Communists, they could be whatever. In this case, they’re religious fanatics and they’re spooky. They will destroy this party if they’re permitted to take over. There is not enough of them, in my view, but this woman reminded me of my John Birch days in Houston. The lights go out and they pass out the ugly literature. Guilt by association. Nastiness. Ugliness. Believing the Trilateral Commission, the conspiratorial theories.
And I couldn’t tell—it may not be fair to that one woman, but that’s the problem that Robertson brings to bear on the agenda.
Wanna know why folks don't call anyone on their own side out? Simple. John McCain was a nice guy who informed that crying old woman that she was wrong about Obama's origin, and this wasn't a personal thing with him, that Obama was a good guy, they just disagreed. Trump was a jerk who had the gall to attack a Gold Star family.

Trump won, McCain lost.

That's why nobody does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.