Deshaun Watson spotted at Innisfree Tuscaloosa

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm sure this is the first time a college student was asked to leave a Tuscaloosa bar by other patrons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
If it's true that DW is dating TJ Yeldon's ex, and they were in town for a bday party, it all makes sense.

And shame on ANY OF YOU who say 'he should know better.' You're part of the problem

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not hanging out with a rival player is one thing. Acting like a jerk to someone minding their own business is another.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If it's true that DW is dating TJ Yeldon's ex, and they were in town for a bday party, it all makes sense.

And shame on ANY OF YOU who say 'he should know better.' You're part of the problem

The same TJ Yeldon that went to Daphne with Ryan Anderson?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This story won't change any outsiders view of a classy Bama fan. If they liked us, they still do. If they hated us, they still do. If they didn't care either way, they probably haven't heard the story.

If we had more athletes these days with Anderson's attitude, there would be more athletes as heroes. I guarantee you if I had to be in a fox hole with either, please give me RA. That's a dude that's going to make it.

And everyone that's so worried about our reputation....ask yourself this: what would Stabler say?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This story won't change any outsiders view of a classy Bama fan. If they liked us, they still do. If they hated us, they still do. If they didn't care either way, they probably haven't heard the story.

If we had more athletes these days with Anderson's attitude, there would be more athletes as heroes. I guarantee you if I had to be in a fox hole with either, please give me RA. That's a dude that's going to make it.

And everyone that's so worried about our reputation....ask yourself this: what would Stabler say?
Depends on how many drinks he knocked back before saying something. I'll never forget a comment he made on the radio during the end of a loss to Southern Miss. They had a LB that destroyed our offense that day. Stabler wasn't pleased....his comment on said opposing player was borderline racist. Not sure how many people remember what I'm referring to.....Selma might if he listened to that whole game. It was embarrassing in its own right.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
There are players on every team in America - and on every team we've ever fielded - who would have done the exact same thing.

Also worth remembering that RA and TJ came in the same class.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I mean seriously, does it mean we don't cheer as loud as other fanbases? .
We don't, and we wont compared to a great many fan bases. so why is that even an issue?

Does it mean we sit down the entire game? Golf claps when the other team is out there because we don't want to be rude.
That is BDS. Yes there are those who stand and yell to their hearts content, but there are a good portion that sit and play class police because a person in front of them wants to stand and yell and holler. I have had more run ins with Alabama fans at ball games than I have had with other fan bases. Ive sat with LSU fans in a LSU section in Baton Rouge and had no issues, but I have paid around 300+ for a ticket to a Bama-LSU game at BDS, and have a guy sitting two rows behind me with a blanket and nachos tell me I was classless for standing on key 3rd downs. Note he didn't ask me to sit down, he tried to tell me.

As for the noise, Ive been to way consistently nosier games at different stadiums. BDS is loud when it has to be, but I would say LSU and Auburn are way louder throughout the games than us.

Honestly, we should be more worried about supporting Alabama than about being classy.
Then lets bring back Dixieland Delight to ballgame. The problem is that Bama fans have dug themselves into a hole on the class issue through bad incidents by extremist "fans"***( Updyke, Teabag, and Seven Nation Army Lady), calling out other fans of other teams (LSU more specifically), and the massive divide between Old fans and students on how to conduct themselves during ballgames and the issue of kid "friendly" environment.

LSU fans are not famous for being polite, .
LSU mostly gets that distinction because Auburn fans don't understand how to deal with them down there. Ive heard mostly horror stories about LSU by Auburn fans, but mostly good fun times by Alabama fans. My experience down there was one of the most fun times ever attending a ballgame. Sure there is ribbing, but if you can take it then they are very nice, fun, and will even feed you. Every college football fan should go there on a Saturday Night atleast once in their life time.

but [LSU is] famous for making their stadium a tough place to play in. .
As far as wanting it to be a tough environment, both LSU and BDS are tough environments already, but for different reasons.

BDS is a tough environment because of the team they have more than the crowd. Yes it can be really loud at times, but the expectation and commitment by the administration to have the best team, coach, and facilities is why we are tough at BDS. We project the NFL and Championship experience more than a college football experience. I mean really how many times do we hear stadium music compared to the MDB?

Tiger is tough because it keeps true with the nostalgia of college football (band, 1st class tailgating, chants, and wanting to be the most hostile environment). If you ask an objective LSU fan what they think of BDS they would say "nice campus, beautiful stadium, but its a New Orleans Saints type environment"

More or less Bama is a Championship team experience, and LSU is a Hard core college football experience. Point is BDS wont be a LSU type environment.

May be the fans should adopt Ryan Anderson's attitude... we shouldn't cross the line, but Ryan Anderson didn't cross the line. At worst he asked a player for another team to leave, big deal. .
My one issue with it is that Ryan Anderson and Gillberry made it a scene. Personally I lost no sleep over it because nothing is going to change people's minds on Alabama fans and class, but had he just told him that he probably shouldn't be there (which he could of) none of this would've been an issue. I guarantee we are going to hear about this until September because everyone is giddy about negative Bama press. Don't be surprised if it is a question at Media Days.

Last edited:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
IMO this is a mountain being made out of a very small ant hill. Put on your Bama stuff and check into the Esso Club in Clemson, SC and see how you are treated.
From my standpoint this is a bad example as I have a son that played for another ACC school and the wife and I visited the ESSO Club on several occasions after games at Clemson and were wearing a rival school's gear. On no occasion did we ever have a problem and that includes a couple of trips after Clemson losses. Granted a total of three visits isn't a large sample... personally my only problem was the stopped up and overflowing toilets, then again, that was reminiscent of the Chukker back in my student days at Bama.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Problem: Visiting Tuscaloosa only 3 months after a tough loss. Yeah it's stupid to still be upset about the game at this point. But you know.....you can't control other people feelings.

Problem: Watson knew going to Tuscaloosa was not the smartest decision in the world and yet he still made that decision. Yeah, adults should act like adults, and that include Watson and the former Bama players.

Problem: Shaming people who thinks Watson should have know better, and that this group of people "are part of the problem." To me that is a problem. You are excusing Watson for poor decision making. Yeah, the Bama folks could have handled this better, but Watson could have order pizza, or other take off food and save on any potential problems.

There is no winners in this situation, only losers.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just wondering (I know...insert "I must be new here!" meme!) - why can't there be different opinions on this?

Why do some people feel it necessary to bag on someone else (or their opinion) because they have a different take?

I realize that happens every day on talk forums but I just feel that there's no single correct perspective here.

And FWIW & respectfully, I also don't see this is a big deal. Off season situations happen - and we're only getting started. :eek2: Next week it will be some other school or fan base or player catching flak in the local mullet wrapper!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
From my standpoint this is a bad example as I have a son that played for another ACC school and the wife and I visited the ESSO Club on several occasions after games at Clemson and were wearing a rival school's gear. On no occasion did we ever have a problem and that includes a couple of trips after Clemson losses. Granted a total of three visits isn't a large sample... personally my only problem was the stopped up and overflowing toilets, then again, that was reminiscent of the Chukker back in my student days at Bama.
Same here...most of my Clemson friends know that my other son was an athlete at Bama...we have had lots of fun the last 2 years.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The morality police are in full force! Like someone else said, this is making a mountain out of a mole hill and without social media, nobody would have even known about it. :rolleyes: I'm 100% positive this isn't the first time something like this has happened in this world and it won't be there last. Someone was mean to Desaun Watson, wah, wah, wah. Geez--the off season...

Is it football season yet?!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, it is what it is. I personally don't like that it happened, but on the other hand, I understand where those of you are coming from saying Watson should have known better (he should have), and liking how the Alabama players handled it.

I also agree without social media this is never known about until Watson writes a book 30 years down the road about his career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.