Deshaun Watson spotted at Innisfree Tuscaloosa

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm sure you'd tell Ryan Anderson and Wallace Gilberry that to their face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say 'Idiotic' or call them names.... but I personally WOULD tell them both how immature and rude they were being over something so trivial....or anyone else in that place. I know Wallace. His Dad worked with my father. Believe me or not I don't care. I'm ashamed he would be involved in something so petty and rude. What's Anderson going to do if I speak up? People shouldn't be afraid to speak up when others are being offensively impolite. The one girl that was being vocally apologetic appeared to be the only person there with some common decency.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Breaking news: Alabama to hire bar manager as defensive coordinator. Only person who has stopped Deshaun Watson.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Let's get over the self-loathing. "We" didn't do anything. Two former players did - and it's just not that big of a deal.

It makes everyone look bad. Harvey Updyke is one man, but people associate his bad acts with all of us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Herbstreit knows how it feels. He was run out of an entire city - Columbus. :biggrin:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I can't believe the overreaction on the part of some.

A: Ryan Anderson fits the "hateful" moniker for the defense. If you listened to him talk you'd get that he really didn't like the competition and that's part of what motivates him. To tell him to turn that off when a guy comes into a bar that's right in the middle of Alabama territory is a bit much in my opinion. He doesn't like the players on the other team, good, he played like he didn't like them and no one complained when he did that.
B: No harm no foul. No one hurt Watson, there was no fight, he was just asked to leave.
C: We really don't know the full story. What Watson might have said in one of the two games, before, during, or after. What might have been said at the bar. May be Ryan just doesn't like him because he was on the other team, or may be there was more to it than that. Let's not pretend we know.

Having said all that, I'm honestly tired of the classy talk. What is classy anyway? I mean seriously, does it mean we don't cheer as loud as other fanbases? Does it mean we sit down the entire game? Golf claps when the other team is out there because we don't want to be rude? Honestly, we should be more worried about supporting Alabama than about being classy, LSU fans are not famous for being polite, but they are famous for making their stadium a tough place to play in. May be the fans should adopt Ryan Anderson's attitude... we shouldn't cross the line, but Ryan Anderson didn't cross the line. At worst he asked a player for another team to leave, big deal. If Watson really wanted to hang out in Tuscaloosa bars, perhaps he should have accepted Alabama's scholarship offer.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Maybe Deshaun should have transferred a few years ago to be NEAR his GF! Then, we would not have lost to him.:eek:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I like our guys to carry themselves as gentlemen but I also like to see them have a little vinegar about them. I think we can hold the two ideas in tension.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I agree with others....we don't know the whole story.....but come on Bama fans....let's show some class.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Unless he was in there acting like a jerk and wearing a big Clemson shirt with the score on it, I think somebody running him out is rather rude.
I just watched a couple YT videos.

He was actually in camo.....including a hoodie! Maybe he was trying to be discreet.

I look at this as just plain rude behaviour - nothing really to do with sportsmanship.

The people I have met who represent Alabama have been nothing but downright friendly and enjoyable to talk with.

There are always exceptions, unfortunately.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
DW was really tempting fate. Whoever told him to leave may have sensed something bad developing and done him a favor. I'm glad no serious 'rudeness' broke out.
"IF" that were the case then they should have approached the potential problem makers and asked them to leave as opposed to Watson. Or better still advise the business owner an/or manager and leave it to them to handle the situation.

I don't like the fact we lost to him nor do I like the way it happened with the pick plays but he was only doing what he was coached to do. Show him some respect, congratulate him and do it with class.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
My father always told me, "Son, if you go looking for trouble, you will find it, so be prepared for the consequences of your decisions."

Although I get the idea that DW should be freely able to frequent any legal establishment, showing up at a bar near BD stadium less than three months after a very emotional loss by Bama demonstrates poor judgement. Here's hoping he makes better decisions in the NFL.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
My father always told me, "Son, if you go looking for trouble, you will find it, so be prepared for the consequences of your decisions."

Although I get the idea that DW should be freely able to frequent any legal establishment, showing up at a bar near BD stadium less than three months after a very emotional loss by Bama demonstrates poor judgement. Here's hoping he makes better decisions in the NFL.

Unless he had.business or family in tuscaloosa, it looks as if he was just showing up to rub it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I can't believe the overreaction on the part of some.

Having said all that, I'm honestly tired of the classy talk. What is classy anyway? I mean seriously, does it mean we don't cheer as loud as other fanbases? Does it mean we sit down the entire game? Golf claps when the other team is out there because we don't want to be rude? Honestly, we should be more worried about supporting Alabama than about being classy, LSU fans are not famous for being polite, but they are famous for making their stadium a tough place to play in. May be the fans should adopt Ryan Anderson's attitude... we shouldn't cross the line, but Ryan Anderson didn't cross the line. At worst he asked a player for another team to leave, big deal. If Watson really wanted to hang out in Tuscaloosa bars, perhaps he should have accepted Alabama's scholarship offer.
Classy is being able to understand when the game is over.

Classy is having the emotional maturity to leave the butt hurt feelings between the hashes.

Hateful isn't a state of existence, it's a mindset adopted for a short period of time in a specific location.

Besides, from what I'm reading it was more patrons causing a hubbub than Anderson or Gilberry. They may have been offering words of wisdom.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Classy is being able to understand when the game is over.

Classy is having the emotional maturity to leave the butt hurt feelings between the hashes.

Hateful isn't a state of existence, it's a mindset adopted for a short period of time in a specific location.

Besides, from what I'm reading it was more patrons causing a hubbub than Anderson or Gilberry. They may have been offering words of wisdom.

Totally agree. I understand the argument that some of the group is making but It's just not a good prescient to set.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the only hilarious thing is the guy on the Anderson-Gillberry video acting all big and bad saying "Deshaun you better wrap that up" only because Anderson is there. It's like CNS's son charging Deshaun in the Arizona national championship game. I guess Deshaun doesn't make people shake in their boots. Lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.