Favorite Bama assistant coach not named Stallings or Moore?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Another one of these threads where I want to know favorites ... who was/is your favorite Bama assistant coach not named Gene Stallings or Mal Moore and why? Feel free to add Gene Stallings / Mal Moore stories but for a lot of us, that might be the first two we name and forget everybody else who has worked long, hard hours on the field in building Bama into what it has been and currently is.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
That is a hard question. At one time, I would have said Bill Oliver before he defected to the Barn. I still have fond memories of him. More recently, I have to say Jeremy Pruitt, but there so many in recent years that have done excellent work.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Homer Smith and Joe Pendry. If I had to pick between the two, it would be Pendry.

We will never see an OL as good as 2012.

I don’t think any DL in the country could stand up to them consistently. Still can’t believe Nussmeier didn’t challenge their manhood with four runs up the gut at the end of the aTm game — the legend of Johnny Football would have been entirely different, as would Kevin Sumlin’s bank account.

Reactions: B1GTide

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
I liked Ken Donahue and Homer Smith. Mal Moore story from a friend of mine who was an All SEC DB back in the day. Coach Moore was coaching the secondary. My friend said he thought that Coach Moore musta thought he was Chinese cause he would grab him by his face mask and yell, “ Sh*t-Son, what the hell were you doing?”!

Reactions: fireater

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Brother Bill Oliver, he put together a brilliant defense in '92 and the defensive performance against the "U" in New Orleans will live on in history for many years to come.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.