Iran, Saudi Arabia agree to resume ties (with China’s help)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, this seems like not great news...

The deal, struck in Beijing this week amid its ceremonial National People’s Congress, represents a major diplomatic victory for the Chinese as Gulf Arab states perceive the United States slowly withdrawing from the wider Middle East. It also comes as diplomats have been trying to end a yearslong war in Yemen, a conflict in which both Iran and Saudi Arabia are deeply entrenched.

The two countries released a joint communique on the deal with China, which brokered the agreement. Chinese state media did not immediately report the agreement.
Iran, Saudi Arabia agree to resume ties, with China’s help

• Wow
Reactions: CrimsonJazz

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
An interesting move. Saudis are Sunni, Iran is Shiite. Like oil and water. Also throw in the ethnic differences. The Arabs have always been suspicious of the Persians(Indo-European).

I don't see Saudi getting into the Hate Israel bloc. They Saudi royals may be bloodthirsty autocrats, but they are not stupid.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
An interesting move. Saudis are Sunni, Iran is Shiite. Like oil and water. Also throw in the ethnic differences. The Arabs have always been suspicious of the Persians(Indo-European).

I don't see Saudi getting into the Hate Israel bloc. They Saudi royals may be bloodthirsty autocrats, but they are not stupid.
Their differences are especially alarming as the bigger concern is the ability for China and Iran to influence the OPEC countries wrt the US dollar being the de facto petro dollar.

Essentially, our 'eternal friends', the dirtbag Saudis, have decided to go to bed with sworn enemies of the US - Iran and China.

I don't see this ending well for us.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Their difference are especially alarming as the bigger concern is the ability for China and Iran to influence the OPEC countries wrt the US dollar being the de facto petro dollar.

Essentially, our 'eternal friends', the dirtbag Saudis, have decided to go to bed with sworn enemies of the US - Iran and China.

When oil stops being priced in dollars, we'll be in for a Titanic/iceberg-style economic reckoning.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Their differences are especially alarming as the bigger concern is the ability for China and Iran to influence the OPEC countries wrt the US dollar being the de facto petro dollar.

I do - we have no more reason to coddle those scumbag Saudis. No more aid. Of any kind. Let them kill each other.
They need out tech and weapons more than we need their oil.
The lines are finally coming into focus; some will say it’s a little naive to look at it as good vs evil. But if you believe in a Supreme Entity, and in some form of life after death, it’s almost impossible to not see it that way. There is no denying the evil that controls those countries; you can’t do the things they’ve done and avoid that stain. By no means is the US a shining example of the “white knight” (we’ve also done much evil in our history), but we don’t assassinate our people because they criticize our government (yet) - we see the influence of the evil trying to turn us that way. So far, good is winning here but it’s a tight race; in those countries, good has been defeated. There are no, and I mean no, morally redemptive qualities about the governments of those countries; so if we are to survive and not give in to the evil, conflict is inevitable, and it’s getting nearer every day.
The only hope to avoid it (or meaningfully delay it) would be for the people in those countries to rise up; there are more than a few in Russia, China and Iran who are not at all happy with their governments (as there are here). I don’t think the odds of them rising up are that high, but where there’s discontent there’s hope.
The US better worry about solidifying relations with ALL of South America.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This is evidence of the breakdown of global supply chains that Peter Zeihan speaks of in his latest book.

I do - we have no more reason to coddle those scumbag Saudis. No more aid. Of any kind. Let them kill each other.
They need out tech and weapons more than we need their oil.
The lines are finally coming into focus; some will say it’s a little naive to look at it as good vs evil. But if you believe in a Supreme Entity, and in some form of life after death, it’s almost impossible to not see it that way. There is no denying the evil that controls those countries; you can’t do the things they’ve done and avoid that stain. By no means is the US a shining example of the “white knight” (we’ve also done much evil in our history), but we don’t assassinate our people because they criticize our government (yet) - we see the influence of the evil trying to turn us that way. So far, good is winning here but it’s a tight race; in those countries, good has been defeated. There are no, and I mean no, morally redemptive qualities about the governments of those countries; so if we are to survive and not give in to the evil, conflict is inevitable, and it’s getting nearer every day.
The only hope to avoid it (or meaningfully delay it) would be for the people in those countries to rise up; there are more than a few in Russia, China and Iran who are not at all happy with their governments (as there are here). I don’t think the odds of them rising up are that high, but where there’s discontent there’s hope.
The US better worry about solidifying relations with ALL of South America.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.