IRS gave access to hundreds of contractors who failed background checks

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022

A Chicago police officer is suing the city to change his race on his official records after the department said it would allow officers to freely change their gender to match their identity.

Mohammad Yusuf, 43, said in a federal civil rights lawsuit filed last week that he is looking to change from "Caucasian" as he "currently identifies as Egyptian and African American." However, the Chicago Police Department is not allowing him to change his race.

The lawsuit comes as the department allows an officer’s "gender identity [to be] corrected to match their lived experience," Yusuf’s lawsuit alleges.
The 20-year veteran of the Chicago Police Department points in his lawsuit to CPD’s promotion system that "particularly" benefits "minority candidates," even if they did not score well on promotional exams.

Yusuf specifically claims he "scored in the first promotional tier" on the sergeant’s exam in 2019. But, he was not promoted then and has still not received such a promotion.

"Despite Yusuf’s exemplary qualifications and the purported race-neutral policy of the Merit System, Yusuf has been repeatedly bypassed for promotion in favor of less qualified candidates, based on their race, specifically African American officers, some of whom had disciplinary issues and were not suitable for the responsibilities of a sergeant," Yusuf said in his complaint.
I guess this is one way to use the system as it currently exists. What a clown world we live in.

• Emphasis!
Reactions: Bodhisattva

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll add this to the discussion, but I'm not interested in getting down in the weeds of a circular discussion/argument that this tends to get into. I work in government and one of the things mentioned not only in our yearly ethics training but in meetings is that "we"/the government should be "above reproach" in how we do things and function, setting the example for our society aka taxpayers.

Government isn't like a secular business nor should it be. Are there aspects of the government that would probably serve better to be run like a private sector business? Certainly, but overall, the government is not a private-sector business and the mindset isn't the same nor should it be. However, if the government wants to function by all the "sayings" and "mottos" I've heard over the years, they should be held to a higher standard than any private sector business when it comes to their fiduciary duty of handling the revenue they take in. Especially seeing I do not have the option of "taking my business somewhere else" like I do a private sector business.

There are private sector businesses that waste money hand over fist, but they're doing it with their money and any involvement by the government to help them out with tax breaks, subsidizing, etc, isn't the private sector's fault, it's the government's fault. They aren't being good stewards of the money they take in and that is why I bring the hammer down more on government than I do the private sector.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.