Issues/Questions Related to CFP Rankings

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If Bama gets left out when they beat Ga then this just proves bias against Bama and that the CFB playoff committee is a joke. If they will ignore Bama's win will they also ignore the winners of the other games being played this weekend?
I love Bama. Better team. But you can’t leave out an undefeated ACC Champ that beat at least 2 SEC teams. It’s not fair.

After the SECCG, the only other game that really impacts whether we are in is ACCCG. Texas losing helps, but only as a safety net if FSU loses.

what’s fun, is that, let’s say Texas and FSU lose. Then it’s:

Michigan
Washington
Bama
Georgia

And Michigan gets UGA in the semis. That’s Karma my friends. Let’s hope she’s on her game today

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Then Michigan is the team that didn't belong, not TCU.

What's funny is this: Michigan got blown out by Georgia in 2021, and NOBODY uses that to say "they shouldn't have been there," but TCU, who won a game and THEN got blown out?

And Michigan was never a threat to win that one - any more so than TCU was.

And for those who want to say, "34-11 isn't 65-7,":
a) Georgia led Michigan at halftime, 27-3, and TCU, 38-7
b) so they led Michigan by 24 and TCU by 31
c) Michigan didn't score the artificial TD until the final 5 minutes
d) Georgia went into "let's not show too much since we have to play Alabama," not something they had to worry about with TCU.

Which again supports my point that the REAL issue isn't the selection so much as it was the TEAM NAME selected.
A ton of people have said Michigan didn’t belong in the playoffs in 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I love Bama. Better team. But you can’t leave out an undefeated ACC Champ that beat at least 2 SEC teams. It’s not fair.

After the SECCG, the only other game that really impacts whether we are in is ACCCG. Texas losing helps, but only as a safety net if FSU loses.

what’s fun, is that, let’s say Texas and FSU lose. Then it’s:

Michigan
Washington
Bama
Georgia

And Michigan gets UGA in the semis. That’s Karma my friends. Let’s hope she’s on her game today
The scenario I was envisioning is that Bama beats Ga, but Ga gets in.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Iowa is a 22pt underdog...and ranked #16....lololol....thats ridiculous to rank them that high if thats what they think will be the score in this game

Reactions: B1GTide

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
There have been comments about no one outside the top 6 has ever made it into the playoffs on the last weekend.

But I don’t think that stat really has any bearing on this year. There have never been this many undefeated and 1 loss teams in the mix.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
There have been comments about no one outside the top 6 has ever made it into the playoffs on the last weekend.

But I don’t think that stat really has any bearing on this year. There have never been this many undefeated and 1 loss teams in the mix.
At this point our only path is..

1) Beat UGA
2) UL beats FSU

anything else and we are in a NY6 Bowl

Reactions: B1GTide

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Iowa is a 22pt underdog...and ranked #16....lololol....thats ridiculous to rank them that high if thats what they think will be the score in this game
Funny how so many say what a great job Kirk Ferentz has done this year with a 10 win season. They only played one team with a pulse (Penn State) and lost 31-0. They also had a bad loss to Minnesota. Any other decent team would either be undefeated or perhaps only 1 loss with that schedule.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Well, that’s because the committee is wrong this year. Texas and Bama should not be 7 and 8. OSU and Oregon should be behind both. OSU isn’t even playing for a conference title and should fall to the back of the pack of 1 loss teams. Oregon had the worst resume of all 1 loss teams.

So this year could be the first time because Texas and Bama should be 5 and 6 but this committee has an agenda.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads