Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
Not being negative in any way, but I think there is a better than average chance we have only 1 QB on the current roster at the end of the year. Everyone but Milroe transfers out.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Which part isn't accurate? I agree with you on why Buchner was brought in. I am saying Buchner was the wrong person to bring in based on perception. Literally anyone would have been better to bring in as a portal Qb, anyone other than the new OC's old QB. That had a high likelihood of being seen as favoritism.
I also agree we will never know who Latham was talking about. Just offering a thought as an alternative to the team not liking Ty Simpsn.
okay then who at the end of spring training are you suggesting? Buchner was the best available at the time. Everyone else was on a team. The time to hit the portal for a quarterback is before spring not afterwards. We thought we had two guys and we had none to come to find out. Then we panicked and made the move for Buchner.

As for Simpson… there has been some very public stuff after the season that leaked out that angered many on the team . I don’t know if they ever recovered from it.

Honestly I just hope our quarterbacks next spring are Sayin, Lonergan, and Holstein. Because this has gotten bad. I don’t care if we win a NC with one of TS, JM, and TB or not.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Not being negative in any way, but I think there is a better than average chance we have only 1 QB on the current roster at the end of the year. Everyone but Milroe transfers out.
I think Holstein and Lonergan stay................I think it's very possible that Lonergan would win the starting job

Coach I aint so sure about anymore

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
okay then who at the end of spring training are you suggesting? Buchner was the best available at the time. Everyone else was on a team. The time to hit the portal for a quarterback is before spring not afterwards. We thought we had two guys and we had none to come to find out. Then we panicked and made the move for Buchner.

As for Simpson… there has been some very public stuff after the season that leaked out that angered many on the team . I don’t know if they ever recovered from it.

Honestly I just hope our quarterbacks next spring are Sayin, Lonergan, and Holstein. Because this has gotten bad. I don’t care if we win a NC with one of TS, JM, and TB or not.
What public stuff?

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Well I agree Buchner wasn’t a great find but it could have been worse it could have been Thorne…

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
You must not be looking at the same trophy case I'm looking at then.
I appreciate what Saban has done at Alabama. Probably in the past tense now ( especially with this move. ) The players are running the show. Let’s see how that works out. This for sure, Saban owns all of this now. If he had stuck with Milroe the whole time I would say that is his conviction. This looks totally different.Looks like pressure put on by the players.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA

Honestly I just hope our quarterbacks next spring are Sayin, Lonergan, and Holstein. Because this has gotten bad.
I think we are talking past each other a little here. I'm not saying we should not have brought in a good transfer QB. Im not sayi g Buchner wa not the best available at the time. What I'm saying is Buchner carried risk due him being the new OC's boy, and that could impact team chemistry if it was perceived that he was receiving preferential treatment - which JC Latham alluded to as being one of the things discussed at the team meeting.
I don't know what public stuff you are referring to, but that is certainly interesting and provides an alternate explanation as to what Latham alluded to.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That is absolutely a real…and terrifying…possibility.
I just hope Sayin doesn't get cold feet.

If you want to talk about terrifying...what if this happens again next year and the team "chooses" the QB.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I just hope Sayin doesn't get cold feet.

If you want to talk about terrifying...what if this happens again next year and the team "chooses" the QB.
Eventually that has to be stopped and the line between coach and player has to be reestablished.............even if it means encouraging a few to leave

I think Sayin sees the gate open and a path to take the starting job

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads